TGCaps Forums | Polls | Search | Rules/Guide |
Modified Covers TGCaps Forums / Modified Covers /  

Transvestite Tragedy 3

AndiJF

TGCapper and Moderator 

#1 | Posted: 9 Apr 2008 22:08 | Edited by: AndiJF

This cover just goes to show that sometimes it isn't the younger generation that's more adaptable...
Reluctant Witness
Reluctant Witness
AndiJF

TGCapper and Moderator 

#2 | Posted: 10 Apr 2008 01:06

A slightly nasty one this. Still, maybe it will have a happy ending...
Blackmailed Blonde Babe
Blackmailed Blonde Babe
SoCalSecrets
TGCapper 

#3 | Posted: 10 Apr 2008 03:27

Another couple of great issues of Transvestite Tragedy, Andi.

I'm surprised that the FBI witness protection program hasn't been used more often for TG caption storylines. Andi has used it once already for a Bodyshift cover, Lorna's done three for her cartoon recaps, there were two Escape into Skirts issues from the Modified4U.com website, and a Vaingirls from Jezzi.

Of course there's always the classic cartoon from the New Yorker:

"I tell you, that federal witness-protection program did one helluva great job on Eddie." by Mort Gerberg ID: 32499, Published in The New Yorker October 9, 1995
femur

Admin 

#4 | Posted: 13 Apr 2008 18:13

I love the witness protection cover, Andi. The double balloon works perfectly. The second balloon delivers a great kicker -- learning that the woman at the door is also a transformed former male. Wonderful execution!
AndiJF

TGCapper and Moderator 

#5 | Posted: 13 Apr 2008 20:21 | Edited by: AndiJF

Thank you SoCalSecrets and Femur for your kind comments. I confess I am rather happy with Reluctant Witness. It was one of those covers where I knew exactly what I wanted to do with it as soon as I saw it.
Jezzi Stewart

TGCapper 

#6 | Posted: 14 Apr 2008 17:15

Both are great, sis! The double thought balloon works great for your punch line on the Witness Protection cover. Is it part of the original, or did you erase the original balloon and add it in? The expression on the girls face is perfect for what you have Justin saying on the Blackmailed cover.
Jezzi Stewart

TGCapper 

#7 | Posted: 14 Apr 2008 18:58

I had been going in a completely different direction with this "My Friend Irma" cover till I say your "Witness Protection" offering. I immediately went and redid my effort. Here it is:
Crusin' for a brusin' !!
Crusin' for a brusin' !!
AndiJF

TGCapper and Moderator 

#8 | Posted: 14 Apr 2008 19:45 | Edited by: AndiJF

Thank you for your kind words, Jezzi. For Reluctant Witness I air-brushed out the original thought-balloon completely, and then added the new double-bubble with Comic Life. I use the double-bubble layout quite a lot, for several reasons:

1. For a "set-up and punch-line" effect as in Reluctant Witness.
2. To fit the text into the page layout, especially where I need to work it into a narrow space, as in Better Living Through Chemistry.
3. To break up the text visually when I've been a bit *ahem* verbose, and reduce the "wall of words" effect, as in Heartbreak On The Menu.

Edit: LOL on Unclear On The Concept!
AndiJF

TGCapper and Moderator 

#9 | Posted: 14 Jun 2008 01:25

Another "evil sister" cover here. I had all sorts of extra text boxes, think-balloons etc. that I thought about including, but this time I managed to discipline myself.
The Last Dance!
The Last Dance!
spacewoman88

#10 | Posted: 14 Jun 2008 02:50

Nice work on "evil sister". The expressions are perfect.
Jezzi Stewart

TGCapper 

#11 | Posted: 14 Jun 2008 12:39

The Last Dance is great, sis! To see that evil sis gets her comuppance, I added another balloon and changed one punctuation mark. :-)
Just what he's looking for
Just what he's looking for
AndiJF

TGCapper and Moderator 

#12 | Posted: 17 Jun 2008 18:46 | Edited by: AndiJF

Thank you for your comments, Jezzi. We were thinking along similar lines, but I was determined not to clog up the cover with walls of text. Your version looks good too though.

The other thing that kept me from giving the guy a think-bubble along those lines is that ideally it should be read after the speech-bubble of the nasty sister, and so should be on the right. I tried reversing the image, but of course that messed up the dance posters in the background, and the buttons on the heroine's dress.
AndiJF

TGCapper and Moderator 

#13 | Posted: 30 Jun 2008 01:40

I was going skip this cover, since BobH and Helen Buckley have already done good versions, but in the end I decided to take up SoCalSecrets' challenge...
You Can't Choose Your Family!
You Can't Choose Your Family!
j_tgirl

#14 | Posted: 30 Jun 2008 02:52

I think both of these are spot on AndiJF! Lol.. really great.
I must say the boys have made a good job femenizing themselves to.

/J
Modified Covers TGCaps Forums / Modified Covers / Transvestite Tragedy 3 Top
Your reply Click this icon to move up to the quoted message

?
Only registered users are allowed to post here. Please, enter your username/password details upon posting a message, or register first.