TGCaps Forums | Polls | Search | Rules/Guide |
Modified Covers TGCaps Forums / Modified Covers /  

Transvestite Tragedy 2

Page  Page 1 of 2:  1  2  Next »  
AndiJF

TGCapper and Moderator 

#1 | Posted: 23 Feb 2008 06:18 | Edited by: AndiJF

With deep apologies to Anthony Hope and George Barr McCutcheon for totally bastardising their worlds. For those of us who grew up wanting to be Madeleine Carroll rather than Ronald Colman or Douglas Fairbanks Jr...
Princess For A Week?
Princess For A Week?
The Prisoner Of Jenda.
The Prisoner Of Jenda.
Eric

#2 | Posted: 23 Feb 2008 08:33

You should be ashamed of yourself! ROFLOL!
Maria Ski

#3 | Posted: 23 Feb 2008 10:34

<Groans>
The Prisoner Of Jenda...

ROFLOL...
A great use of words...
Jezzi Stewart

TGCapper 

#4 | Posted: 23 Feb 2008 22:38

Let us not forget Graustark! I love those stories, sis. I collect "romance" novels written in the latter part of the 19th and early 20th centuries (from the end of the US Civil War through WWI. And I love the illustrators who drew those truly fabulous and feminine women!
AndiJF

TGCapper and Moderator 

#5 | Posted: 24 Feb 2008 21:44

Thank you Eric and Maria. I hope you groaned as much reading the "punch-line" of the "double-issue" as I did when I wrote it.

Thank you too Jezzi. I'm so pleased that someone else has actually read the novels and would pick up on Graustark, Axphain and the rest. Of course my use of Millie The Model covers is grossly anachronistic, but as soon as I saw them, some sort of lightning flashed through my warped mind, and I saw in the flash the opportunity for a crashing pun. It's a pity though, that there are no Edwardian romance comics...
Maria Ski

#6 | Posted: 25 Feb 2008 10:27 | Edited by: Maria Ski

Hope there will be more Andi.

I have to admit here...
I always wanted to be the one to rescue a damsel in distress...
There is part of me that still does...
femur

Admin 

#7 | Posted: 25 Feb 2008 23:23

The best TG pun ever!

And a great story told in two covers. I love the way the second cover leaps forward and lets us know about all this stuff that's happened since the first cover. So very well done!

The Millie covers add an odd poignancy to the matter. Wonderful work, Andi!
AndiJF

TGCapper and Moderator 

#8 | Posted: 27 Feb 2008 05:54

Thank you for your kind comment Femur. Millie covers, with their continuing "cast" and art-style, really lend themselves to multi-part epics.
DTJones75

#9 | Posted: 27 Feb 2008 12:28

I believe that AndiJF needs to be PUNished! Really! Not just a single pun, but a rare triple pun!

My congratulations!
AndiJF

TGCapper and Moderator 

#10 | Posted: 1 Mar 2008 17:14

No magic... No mad doctors... Just tragedy...

Or maybe not? Perhaps big bro will protect "little sis", and persuade bullying Dad that military school is a waste of time? Sounds like a Janet Stickney story...
Malt Shop Meltdown
Malt Shop Meltdown
femur

Admin 

#11 | Posted: 2 Mar 2008 00:42

Another great cover, Andi! A classic story, well portrayed in image and captions (and using very few words!).

I have to confess, I would have gone in a different direction with this one. To me, the pose of the Rick character looks slightly effeminate (something of a limp wrist, in my opinion). When I look at this cover (which I've never seen before), it seems like a natural for a bodyswap story.

In any case, I've been loving all your recent posts, and am glad to see you on such a roll!
SoCalSecrets
TGCapper 

#12 | Posted: 2 Mar 2008 05:35 | Edited by: SoCalSecrets

Another great cover, Andi! A classic story, well portrayed in image and captions (and using very few words!).
In any case, I've been loving all your recent posts, and am glad to see you on such a roll!

I hate to do a "me too" post, but I don't think that I can say it better than femur did. Your muse seems to be working on overdrive lately.

As femur also said, the cover would probably make a good bodyswap story. My version would probably be another realistic storyline, with three best friends and the redhead in the background thinking "Gee, I thought it was my turn to be the girl dating Bill".
AndiJF

TGCapper and Moderator 

#13 | Posted: 2 Mar 2008 19:47

Thank you Femur and SoCalSecrets for your kind comments. It is amazing how the same image strikes people differently. A body-swap storyline never entered my head. It was the girl's pose, and the expression on "Rick's" face that captured my interest.
SoCalSecrets
TGCapper 

#14 | Posted: 3 Mar 2008 01:30

It is amazing how the same image strikes people differently. A body-swap storyline never entered my head.

I've run across several comic book covers that seemed to me to be just begging to be done as bodyswap storylines. I think that I've had them filed away too long trying to think of other storylines that might go against the most obvious readings, so I'm going to post some of them here.

The first one, Fight Against Crime (Story Comics, 1951) #16, 1953, looks like it might actually be a bodyswap story:

Fight Against Crime #16

For the 2nd, Gene Autry and the Wildcat - Four Color #0075 (Dell, 1942), it was the turnabout in the roles, plus the over-rouged Gene Autry, that suggests a bodyswap for me:

Dell Four Color #75

Romantic Story #128 (Charlton, 1954) could easily be a Medallion of Zulo story in my opinion:

Romantic Story #128

Andi has been using the various Confessions of the Lovelorn for the Confessions of the Transvestite series, but this one might have to be a Confessions of the Bodyswapped: Confessions Of The Lovelorn #58 (American Comics Group, 1954)

Confessions of the Lovelorn #48
AndiJF

TGCapper and Moderator 

#15 | Posted: 3 Mar 2008 19:28

Please SoCal, it's Transvestite Tragedy, but Confessions Of The Crossdresser! Andi always adopts all available avenues for alliteration. In fact, since the sad demise of the Modified4U web site, I should probably revive one of their titles: Disaster In Dresses.

That Confessions cover would make a good body-swap recap. Suppose the pounding and concussion that the boxer has just endured gave him amnesia, for instance. I'll leave that one for you though.
Page  Page 1 of 2:  1  2  Next » 
Modified Covers TGCaps Forums / Modified Covers / Transvestite Tragedy 2 Top
Your reply Click this icon to move up to the quoted message

?
Only registered users are allowed to post here. Please, enter your username/password details upon posting a message, or register first.