TGCaps Forums | Polls | Search | Rules/Guide |
Modified Covers TGCaps Forums / Modified Covers /  

Confessions 6

AndiJF

TGCapper and Moderator 

#1 | Posted: 13 Feb 2008 05:42

I've been wrestling with a few more issues of "Confessions Of The Crossdresser", and I think it's time to run the first of them up the flagpole. I confess that I'm not sure if this cover gets the story over, but there's already quite enough text...
Good News, Bad News!
Good News, Bad News!
Jezzi Stewart

TGCapper 

#2 | Posted: 13 Feb 2008 10:18

I question Don's use of the endearment, "Honey" in regard to Pete, sis, in the context of the rest of what he is saying. What I get from the cover and text is that there really is no Donna - that to Don, Donna has been just a punishment that had to be endured and HE is telling Pete, whom he considers only his best friend that it is over. He expects Pete to be happy, hence his question about his friend's expression, but, if I'm right, I don't think he would use the term, "Honey" to refer to Pete. That was a jarring note to me. I probably have it all wrong, though, sis.
Hugs, Jez
SoCalSecrets
TGCapper 

#3 | Posted: 13 Feb 2008 16:57

I think that the "Honey" is there to suggest that Don/Donna is thinking like a female and the change back to Don might not go that smoothly. Like Andi, I'm not sure it works, but I think that it's close.
AndiJF

TGCapper and Moderator 

#4 | Posted: 13 Feb 2008 17:30

I pondered long and hard over that "honey", Jezzi. And maybe I'm trying to be too cute.

My idea was that Don has indeed been "sentenced" to an academic year in skirts (no doubt for one of those standard botched panty-raid or peeping-tom episodes). The Dean, and the sorority girls into whose tender mercies Don was consigned, insisted that Donna be as convincing as possible, adopting not only the appearance of her "sisters", but their speech-patterns and body-language too, and after a year of this, these habits have become deeply ingrained. Inevitably, Donna was expected to have a boyfriend, go on dates, dress up for formals etc. so her best friend Pete, the massive football jock, manfully volunteered, and he's been squiring her round campus all this time.

Anyway... The idea of the "honey" was to hint that:

1. Pete's feeling did not fall out a clear blue sky. He's been doing "couple-y" things with that cute brunette for a year.

2. There may be a lot more Donna, and a lot less Don, left by now. Look how intimately she stands in his personal space. Note the delicate hand on his shoulder and the expressive right hand.

So in a moment of stress, she calls him "honey". Perhaps I loaded too much on the word. Comments?
femur

Admin 

#5 | Posted: 13 Feb 2008 19:19

I agree with Jezzi. I think "Honey" confuses things. Without "Honey," the cover tells a simple story perfectly.

I get that you are striving for something more complex, but not sure it's worth it.

Don't you love discussions like this? Great thread!
AndiJF

TGCapper and Moderator 

#6 | Posted: 13 Feb 2008 19:50

I've been reading my posting above, and since it is axiomatic that any visual expression that requires a lengthy written explanation has failed, I've whipped up a new version of "Good News, Bad News!". And yeah, after looking at it, I think simpler is stronger...

Thank you Jezzi, SoCalSecrets and Femur for your thoughtful comments. Much appreciated!
Good News, Bad News! Take 2.
Good News, Bad News! Take 2.
Jezzi Stewart

TGCapper 

#7 | Posted: 13 Feb 2008 20:22

Works for me, sis, and I think SCS is right about the original. Donna may have been briefly banished to the subconscious, though, as Don, overjoyed at the conscious level with the end of the punishment, not necessarily the end of Donna, comes roaring back. Subconscious Donna is responsible for the body language and speech patterns, though. And after a short while as drab old Don, something, maybe a bit of Donna's lingerie peeking out from under the bed where it had been overlooked when Don packed up her things, will jar him into realizing how much happier he was as her than he is at present - of course, a VISIT TO VAINGIRLS (blatant plug :-) will follow. Here is my Vaingirls #116 based on a "Great Lover Romances" cover.
Jezzi Stewart

TGCapper 

#8 | Posted: 13 Feb 2008 20:38

Here is the cover:
Donna says, "I'm Baaack!", terminating Don.
Donna says, "I'm Baaack!", terminating Don.
AndiJF

TGCapper and Moderator 

#9 | Posted: 14 Feb 2008 00:24 | Edited by: AndiJF

An altogether simpler cover, technically and in concept. See, I don't always over-think things...

Someone really should tell the guy on this cover though, that we girls prefer not to have our heads pushed into a bush...
What Girl Will I Be Today?
What Girl Will I Be Today?
AndiJF

TGCapper and Moderator 

#10 | Posted: 25 Jul 2008 08:29

This edition of Confessions is a little different, in that it wasn't based on a Confessions of the Lovelorn original. However I think this cover fits better in this "title" than any of my others, because I see it as "realistic" TG rather than SF or magic, so I cobbled it together from parts of two covers.
If You Can't Stand The Heat...
If You Can't Stand The Heat...
Jezzi Stewart

TGCapper 

#11 | Posted: 25 Jul 2008 15:58

I did the same thing as "If you can't stand the heat ..." only with the roles reversed with the waiter to waitress idea being the man's. VG issue #213 is from a "Wartime Romances" cover - where the man had exactly the opposite idea. :-)
flirt for dollars
flirt for dollars
don't flirt for continued good health
don't flirt for continued good health
AndiJF

TGCapper and Moderator 

#12 | Posted: 25 Jul 2008 21:16

Ooops! I didn't realise you'd visited the same theme Jezzi. I must be those cute uniforms that attract attention. My cover too was based on a wartime romance comic.
Modified Covers TGCaps Forums / Modified Covers / Confessions 6 Top
Your reply Click this icon to move up to the quoted message

?
Only registered users are allowed to post here. Please, enter your username/password details upon posting a message, or register first.