TGCaps Forums | Polls | Search | Rules/Guide |
Modified Covers TGCaps Forums / Modified Covers /  

Confessions 5

AndiJF

TGCapper and Moderator 

#1 | Posted: 15 Jul 2007 01:25 | Edited by: AndiJF

I've been rather busy this week, so there's only one issue of "Confessions Of The Crossdresser" (though I may add to this thread later).
The Open Secret.
The Open Secret.
SoCalSecrets
TGCapper 

#2 | Posted: 15 Jul 2007 02:01

Another great rewrite.

Every time that I looked at that cover I thought that here had to be a good story to go with it. You came up with a great idea.
BobH
TGCapper 

#3 | Posted: 15 Jul 2007 03:08

Very clever. I like this one a lot!
AndiJF

TGCapper and Moderator 

#4 | Posted: 15 Jul 2007 07:39 | Edited by: AndiJF

Just a quickie. This one almost only needed the pronouns in the issue-title box (I don't know the correct term) changing from "she" to "he", but that lacked a certain something.

Thank you SoCalSecrets and BobH for the kind comments on "The Open Secret". Much appreciated.
Little Miss Innocent.
Little Miss Innocent.
sehlat

#5 | Posted: 15 Jul 2007 14:53

Nice work. Like all the best, we get a "short story in a panel." Good re-lettering and touch-ups. Thank you.
AndiJF

TGCapper and Moderator 

#6 | Posted: 10 Aug 2007 08:51 | Edited by: AndiJF

Time for another issue of Confessions. Obviously the title was inspired by the famous remark about Ginger Rogers.
Backwards & In High Heels.
Backwards & In High Heels.
AndiJF

TGCapper and Moderator 

#7 | Posted: 17 Aug 2007 21:09

Confession time again. Since this sort of comic is essentially a product of the USA, I try to write my captions from an American point of view, using US English spelling and so on. In this case I'm not quite sure if I have the cultural references correct, but I hope it works.
A Moth To The Flame
A Moth To The Flame
SoCalSecrets
TGCapper 

#8 | Posted: 18 Aug 2007 19:06

Another nice one! [But then you always seem to do good work and come up with interesting ideas.]

Your cultural references were also very upper-class East Coast, so this Californian is almost as unsure of your references as you are. Still, it felt right to me.
femur

Admin 

#9 | Posted: 18 Aug 2007 21:34

Great cover. Nice and subtle.

In terms of your Hamptons reference, since it's near the southeast end of a very long island, it would be pretty much impossible to go "up" to the Hamptons. How about changing it to "out" to the Hamptons?

In any case, another stellar job, Andi!
AndiJF

TGCapper and Moderator 

#10 | Posted: 16 Sep 2007 07:47

It's been a crazy month at work, but I put this together.
Someone To Watch Over Me.
Someone To Watch Over Me.
Jezzi Stewart

TGCapper 

#11 | Posted: 16 Sep 2007 09:15

I like the look of the lady in this one sis, her dress, pose, and expression, and especially her hair - lovely style and color and the flowers are a nice touch, indicating that a little childlike innocence remains despite the harsh realities of feminine stardom. Oh, the work you did is good, too :-)
SoCalSecrets
TGCapper 

#12 | Posted: 16 Sep 2007 15:47 | Edited by: SoCalSecrets

Another great "Confessions" cover. You found a great storyline for that cover (the original cover didn't make sense in my opinion).

You did a very nice job fixing up the scan of a faded and creased cover (and adding in the larger thought bubble).
AndiJF

TGCapper and Moderator 

#13 | Posted: 19 Sep 2007 00:20 | Edited by: AndiJF

Thank you Jezzi and SoCalSecrets for your kind comments. They're much appreciated.

I agree entirely about the girl, Jezzi. Her expression and thoughtful pose drew me to this cover in the first place, even though its rather poor condition required a lot of work. The storyline of the original cover is thoroughly offensive to the modern eye, but it was published in the late '50s...

I can't claim much credit for the thought-bubble (apart from its contents of course). Comic Life makes them easy.
Modified Covers TGCaps Forums / Modified Covers / Confessions 5 Top
Your reply Click this icon to move up to the quoted message

?
Only registered users are allowed to post here. Please, enter your username/password details upon posting a message, or register first.