TGCaps Forums | Polls | Search | Rules/Guide |
Modified Covers TGCaps Forums / Modified Covers /  

Reality Flux

Page  Page 1 of 2:  1  2  Next »  
AndiJF

TGCapper and Moderator 

#1 | Posted: 6 Jul 2007 05:45 | Edited by: AndiJF

With apologies to Rider Haggard... This seemed a natural for Femur's open Reality Flux universe.

"How thinkest thou that I rule this people? I have but a regiment of guards to do my bidding, therefore it is not by force. It is by terror. My empire is of the imagination."
The Return Of She.
The Return Of She.
femur

Admin 

#2 | Posted: 8 Jul 2007 10:49

Andi,

I like this cover a lot. Great on a personal note to see Reality Flux resurrected.

On a technical note, one thing you could do on a cover like this is flip the image, so the blonde is on the left. That way, we'll read her balloons first, since she's speaking first. Some images don't look as good flipped, but many do -- it's sometimes a good test of a drawing, to see what it looks like flipped.

Keep up the great work!
femur
SoCalSecrets
TGCapper 

#3 | Posted: 8 Jul 2007 17:18

Great cover from AndiJF, and nice tip from femur.
AndiJF

TGCapper and Moderator 

#4 | Posted: 8 Jul 2007 23:21 | Edited by: AndiJF

Ah Femur, your cover-fu is still the best! I knew there was something "not quite right" about "The Return Of She", but I wasn't sure what it was. Oddly though, I was thinking about the natural order of "reading" a comic page, and its associated speech-bubbles when I threw together my cheesy Spectrum Angels picture. I suppose one should arrange the dialogue so that it reads from top-left to bottom-right (outside Japan anyway).

Suffice it to say, I think this new version looks much better. BTW does the Herculanum font in Dr. North's dialogue "work", d'you think?
The Return Of She.
The Return Of She.
AndiJF

TGCapper and Moderator 

#5 | Posted: 11 Aug 2007 03:09

The August issue of Reality Flux hits the stands. This was another cover where the original "needed work".
Saucer Switch!
Saucer Switch!
suedenim

TGCapper and Moderator 

#6 | Posted: 11 Aug 2007 08:45

Great job fixing up that cover, and a great story premise!
AndiJF

TGCapper and Moderator 

#7 | Posted: 12 Aug 2007 21:55 | Edited by: AndiJF

Thanks Sue. It wasn't just that the scanned cover was obviously creased and worn, but that Charlton , the original publishers, always seem to make a total botch of the lettering layout and so on.
suedenim

TGCapper and Moderator 

#8 | Posted: 13 Aug 2007 06:10

Definitely true. You really get a feel for how cheap and shoddy Charlton comics were when you're looking at them at the "microscopic" level....
AndiJF

TGCapper and Moderator 

#9 | Posted: 17 Aug 2007 02:35 | Edited by: AndiJF

Next month's issue of Reality Flux is ready a bit ahead of schedule. I had about four different ideas for this cover, but I think this is the best. Those pesky aliens are at it again...
Alien Bodies!
Alien Bodies!
SoCalSecrets
TGCapper 

#10 | Posted: 18 Aug 2007 18:55

An interesting take on a great original cover. [One blog I was looking at recently said the cover was by Matt Baker.]
Eric

#11 | Posted: 23 Aug 2007 09:55

Sause switch - Great story! Geat use of cover. You should write it! I love it when 'she' aasks 'How Is the Captain'?
Alien bodies, I love this kind of turnabout when the cheater gets his just deserts!
AndiJF

TGCapper and Moderator 

#12 | Posted: 17 Sep 2007 00:47

I'm not sure about this one. I have thought that some of my covers are a bit "wordy", either with copious speech/thought balloons, or a narrative passage above the title. With this one I have tried to keep text to a minimum, but I'm not sure if it gets the story over. Any comments?
Relic Hunter To Trophy Wife!
Relic Hunter To Trophy Wife!
suedenim

TGCapper and Moderator 

#13 | Posted: 17 Sep 2007 08:14

I really like it! I think it has the right mix of mystery and "spelling things out." My take is that maybe the hero is using Jodpoor for fun, or experimentation, but only temporarily, not "committing" to being a woman. If the bad guys take the idol back, she'll be stuck like this... but how can she stop them, as a mere girl?

Another cover where I'd love to see the full story....
AndiJF

TGCapper and Moderator 

#14 | Posted: 18 Sep 2007 20:22 | Edited by: AndiJF

That is pretty much what I had in mind Sue.

Perhaps... Serial con-man Stan Bunco tricked the over-trusting temple priests of Jodpoor and stole their sacred idol, intending merely to sell it on the antiquities black market. On discovering the statue's transformative powers however, Stan used it to become a succession of beautiful women. He captivated and married a succession of wealthy men, milking dry each in turn before disappearing back into his nondescript male identity. Then one night, not long after his marriage to a lecherous octogenarian oil baron, a turbaned figure burst in...

Or... Nerdy museum curator discovers the powers lurking in the small jade idol, and uses it to take his life-long cross-dressing to a whole new level, but he's strictly a part-timer with no plans to transition. Then she's waiting for her date to pick her up for a night on the town when fate, in the form of a fearsome knife-wielding intruder, takes a hand...
SRUWizard

#15 | Posted: 12 Oct 2007 14:37

I've enjoyed the Reality Flux covers.

Since I kind of figured I owed something to femur, I've just finished a story based on the "Return of She" cover. It's the first story I've done in months.

All I have to do is figure out some way of getting it to femur. It's text, and therefore can't be attached. Or do I just zip it and attach it that way.

Bill
Page  Page 1 of 2:  1  2  Next » 
Modified Covers TGCaps Forums / Modified Covers / Reality Flux Top
Your reply Click this icon to move up to the quoted message

?
Only registered users are allowed to post here. Please, enter your username/password details upon posting a message, or register first.