TGCaps Forums | Polls | Search | Rules/Guide |
Modified Covers TGCaps Forums / Modified Covers /  

Transvestite Tragedy - A lost TGC title?

AndiJF

TGCapper and Moderator 

#1 | Posted: 5 Jul 2007 01:37

As soon as I saw this cover, I thought "She looks as if she's pulling a wig off...", and the bride has such a shocked expression too, so the thing almost wrote itself.
The *SO* Busted Bride.
The *SO* Busted Bride.
SoCalSecrets
TGCapper 

#2 | Posted: 5 Jul 2007 02:16

Great one!

If you find the right cover, they do seem to write themselves. ;-)
AndiJF

TGCapper and Moderator 

#3 | Posted: 5 Jul 2007 07:19 | Edited by: AndiJF

This one is a fine example of me outsmarting myself. On the original cover, there was a slightly ugly text box in the bottom right corner. It was in an area too complex to airbrush (for me anyway), so I decided to cover it with a modern-looking price/copyright/date box, which stupidly I didn't keep on a separate layer. In the end I decided it didn't really look right, and would rather have had the title box. The moral of this story is: Think twice before merging changes onto the background layer.
Heartbreak On The Menu.
Heartbreak On The Menu.
Janet Stickney

TGCapper 

#4 | Posted: 5 Jul 2007 07:44

Andi...
I ALWAYS make two copies! One with layers, and one without, PLUS the orginal! That way I can "correct" some of my less than inspired efforts :)

Janet
paul

#5 | Posted: 5 Jul 2007 13:35

My compliments for your work. Heartbreak on the menu is a transvestite tragedy indeed.
SoCalSecrets
TGCapper 

#6 | Posted: 5 Jul 2007 17:16 | Edited by: SoCalSecrets

Heartbreak On The Menu.

Very nice!

I'm jealous. That's a much better idea than what I was working on for the same cover (a son forced to work as a waitress in the family restaurant). I should have ignored the "Teen Confessions" title of the original.

The story almost looks like it came from a Sandy Thomas chapbook (except that in her stories, the TG usually find love in the end, and her covers don't show the tragic beginnings or middles).
AndiJF

TGCapper and Moderator 

#7 | Posted: 21 Sep 2007 07:52 | Edited by: AndiJF

When I stumbled on the original "Murder Incorporated" comics, I couldn't believe how cheap and lurid they were. This one was an obvious candidate for me...

I confess that I watch "Law & Order" mostly to check out the outfits worn by the lady lawyers. I don't think they've had a CD witness yet...
Hostage To Fortune
Hostage To Fortune
BobH
TGCapper 

#8 | Posted: 22 Sep 2007 03:04

Ah. I somehow missed the second of these when you first posted it. If I hadn't, I'd have come up with something different when recaptioning 'The Waitress' cover in my 'Boys Will Be Girls' post as there are basically identical. Sorry about that.
AndiJF

TGCapper and Moderator 

#9 | Posted: 22 Sep 2007 05:34

Heh... No worries BobH. At least it wasn't the same cover...
AndiJF

TGCapper and Moderator 

#10 | Posted: 9 Feb 2008 04:03 | Edited by: AndiJF

OK, OK, I know it's hopelessly anachronistic, but I have a soft spot for the sort of "Nurse Romance" stories that used to run in "Bunty", "Diana" and "Girls' Crystal"...
Cute uniform, Doc!
Cute uniform, Doc!
Jezzi Stewart

TGCapper 

#11 | Posted: 9 Feb 2008 06:42

I LOVE hostage to Fortune - our hero(ine) finding a CD silver lining!!
AndiJF

TGCapper and Moderator 

#12 | Posted: 9 Feb 2008 17:01 | Edited by: AndiJF

Thanks for the sweet comment Jezzi. The problem with Hostage To Fortune is that the think-bubble is just too big. I keep working on being less verbose...
Jezzi Stewart

TGCapper 

#13 | Posted: 29 Nov 2008 18:01 | Edited by: Jezzi Stewart

Given what you wrote on top, I think you could have gone with, " [u]Although[/u], if I'm not hit in the crossfire ... My navy skirt suit and Manolo heels will be perfect for the witness stand!" in the RH part of the SB
Maria Ski

#14 | Posted: 30 Nov 2008 06:27

Great covers Andi

I like them all. It was hard to pick a favourite.

Hope there'll be some more.
AndiJF

TGCapper and Moderator 

#15 | Posted: 30 Nov 2008 16:09

Thank you Maria. These are oldies, and I've posted several more Transvestite Tragedy covers since. I'm sure there will be more to come.
Modified Covers TGCaps Forums / Modified Covers / Transvestite Tragedy - A lost TGC title? Top
Your reply Click this icon to move up to the quoted message

?
Only registered users are allowed to post here. Please, enter your username/password details upon posting a message, or register first.