TGCaps Forums | Polls | Search | Rules/Guide |
Modified Covers TGCaps Forums / Modified Covers /  

Slowly getting caught up: VAINGIRLS 801 - 810

Jezzi Stewart

TGCapper 

#1 | Posted: 19 May 2010 19:57

801 - The trick of a lifetime

Original: Heart Throbs comics, #80

The idea for this one came from the story, "True Love" by Vickie Tern. It's available at Fictionmania.

802 - Sissy soup

Original: The Sunday magazine of the Boston Sunday Post newspaper, February 22, 1914

The idea for this one came from Snape's potions class in the Harry Potter books. I love this picture; the five girls are just so pretty and look so absolutely feminine.

803 - Heartbreaker

Original: Romantic Hearts comics, #9

I was already thinking ahead to #804 and the Archie universe, and I thought what TG thing might Reggie do to break up Archie and Veronica for good.

804cover to 804e - Cover story

Original: The interior five page story, "Funny Taste" in Betty and Veronica Double Digest comics, #178

You get the cover AND the five page cover story! I didn't move or substitute any of the panels and I tried to use as much of the original text as possible.

805 - Triune saviorettes

Original: Romantic Stories comics, #114

The idea for this one came from the novel, "Dogs and Goddesses" by Jennifer Crusie - not TG, but a fun read. I wanted to put in something to the effect that the two new gurls needed Darla because they needed a blonde, brunette, and a redhead, but there wasn't room. I do love girl hair stories.
The trick of a lifetime
The trick of a lifetime
Sissy soup
Sissy soup
Heartbreaker
Heartbreaker
Cover Story
Cover Story
page 1
page 1
page 2
page 2
page 3
page 3
page 4
page 4
Jezzi Stewart

TGCapper 

#2 | Posted: 19 May 2010 20:02

804e

805 - Triune saviorettes

Original: Romantic Stories comics, #114

The idea for this one came from the novel, "Dogs and Goddesses" by Jennifer Crusie - not TG, but a fun read. I wanted to put in something to the effect that the two new gurls needed Darla because they needed a blonde, brunette, and a redhead, but there wasn't room. I do love girl hair stories.

806 - A life changing experience!

Original: Archie comics, #43

The idea for this one came from these lines in Tigger's story, "Change of direction":

"So, my life is wiped as clean as everything that was mine was blotted out of my room. Is nothing mine, anymore, Mother?"

"Had to be done. ... Every little reminder of your masculinity will set back your progress. Remember, the requirement is that you must fully acclimate to being a woman."

807 - A woman by choice

Original: Brave and Bold magazine, #55 (1890's, my guess)

Lord Robert was with the British army in South Africa during the Boer War. I thought that would be the war that would most closely match the date of the original.

808 - No problem

Original: Diary Secrets comics, #25

Hey, it's still a heterosexual relationship. :-)

I know I've used this theme before, but I think it's been awhile ago.

809 - Love story

Original: Romantic Marriage comics, #9

I was just feeling very much in love with my wife when I saw this cover and the couple just looked so much in love. I decided to do just a simple straightforward happy modification.

I love the apron!

810 - Somewhere in space-time

Original: Barbie comics, #39

In the alternate universe, The cover pic and the title are both ©1970 by NASA. Buzzie Lynn becomes the spokesperson for space exploration world wide. The whole world follows her as her SRS is performed on board the first United Nations space shuttle, in orbit. Of course, when she is selected as Miss Universe, 1980, she wishes for world peace. And there is.
page 5
page 5
Triune saviorettes
Triune saviorettes
A life changing experience
A life changing experience
A woman by choice
A woman by choice
No problem
No problem
Love story
Love story
Somewhere in space-time
Somewhere in space-time
gteri

#3 | Posted: 1 Jul 2010 10:14

Jezzi, looking forward to the next batch as you reach 1000. Keep up the fine work.
GrimGhost

#4 | Posted: 12 Jul 2010 14:02

In the 910-920 batch, I was really impressed by the frankensteining/photoshopping you did in "Double Shock."
Modified Covers TGCaps Forums / Modified Covers / Slowly getting caught up: VAINGIRLS 801 - 810 Top
Your reply Click this icon to move up to the quoted message

?
Only registered users are allowed to post here. Please, enter your username/password details upon posting a message, or register first.