TGCaps Forums | Polls | Search | Rules/Guide |
Modified Covers TGCaps Forums / Modified Covers /  

Confessions...

AndiJF

TGCapper and Moderator 

#1 | Posted: 13 Jun 2007 19:01 | Edited by: AndiJF

I was fiddling with this last night. I can't make up my mind if it works, so I'm just going to run it up the flagpole and see who salutes, as the saying goes.

D'you think it needs another "think-bubble" to make the guy's feelings explicit, or do his expression and body-language get it over for you?
Kiss me you jerk!
Kiss me you jerk!
suedenim

TGCapper and Moderator 

#2 | Posted: 13 Jun 2007 19:36

I don't think any more thought balloons are needed for the guy. (I wouldn't mind seeing more of the T-Girl's thoughts, but that would be more properly addressed in the story itself!)
AndiJF

TGCapper and Moderator 

#3 | Posted: 14 Jun 2007 01:24

Groaning is allowed... Encouraged even!
She looks great, beyond a shadow of a doubt.
She looks great, beyond a shadow of a doubt.
AndiJF

TGCapper and Moderator 

#4 | Posted: 14 Jun 2007 02:55 | Edited by: AndiJF

While I believe that this cover is true to the overwrought emotionalism of the original, my recap feels a bit "heavy"; getting into themes that are a bit serious for this genre. On the other hand the cover seemed to cry out for something tragic.

Maybe I should have done it as an Altered Fates cover? With magical transformations, it seems one can get into all sorts of heavy stuff (identity theft, incest etc.) and it is less uncomfortable because we all know it's fantasy.

Any thoughts?
Luke! I am your father!
Luke! I am your father!
femur

Admin 

#5 | Posted: 14 Jun 2007 06:43

Andi,

LOVE all three. Wow! I think the last one is my favorite. Not too overwrought, or perhaps it's just overwrought enough for me.

You could have made it an Altered Fates cover, but doesn't that make it more overwrought -- as in, the father didn't necessarily choose this body as a permanent option? The crossdressing option makes it more poignant than overwrought, at least in my opinion.
SoCalSecrets
TGCapper 

#6 | Posted: 14 Jun 2007 07:57

Loved them all, but especially #1 & #3.

After seeing the tag line that you used for #3 ("Luke! I am your father!"), it might be fun to look through some of the Star Wars Comic Books to see if any of them could be given a TG interpretation. ;-)
suedenim

TGCapper and Moderator 

#7 | Posted: 14 Jun 2007 17:15

I think there probably are some decent TG recap possibilities in Marvel's Star Wars comics. They had pretty long runs with the same artists, and more often than not had the characters split up. So, for instance, the love interest in a Luke-centered storyline might be a transgendered Han, and you wouldn't have to worry about the real Han popping up too often. (Or, come to think of it, not at all, when dealing with stories between Episodes V and VI.)
Modified Covers TGCaps Forums / Modified Covers / Confessions... Top
Your reply Click this icon to move up to the quoted message

?
Only registered users are allowed to post here. Please, enter your username/password details upon posting a message, or register first.