TGCaps Forums | Polls | Search | Rules/Guide |
The Real Thing TGCaps Forums / The Real Thing /  

Here's an interesting cover

Page  Page 2 of 2:  « Previous  1  2  
femur

Admin 

#16 | Posted: 26 Jul 2009 17:35

I LOVE the middle Turnabout cover (#2). It's great, simple cartooning that tells you what the story's about PERFECTLY! Love her face and hair... his expression too.
BobH
TGCapper 

#17 | Posted: 15 Aug 2009 00:12

Here's another Turnabout cover, fom 1954 - the twentieth impression of a British edition first published in 1939, so clearly a popular book! Also 'The Transformation', which many of you may never have heard of (cover blurb included), and my copy of 'Regiment of Women' which was extremely difficult to scan, for some reason. That cover image is a reworking of 'Rape of the Sabine Women', of course.
Turnabout 04
Turnabout 04
The Transformation
The Transformation
The Transformation - blurb
The Transformation - blurb
Regiment of Women
Regiment of Women
femur

Admin 

#18 | Posted: 15 Aug 2009 06:51

Great stuff, BobH. Here's a different "Regiment of Women" cover I found on the net. I was looking for the one I used to have, a paperback that had a large breast on the cover (complete with a nipple, if memory serves me right). I couldn't find that one anywhere (and no longer have the paperback). Anyone have a scan of that version?
Regiment of Women
Regiment of Women
AnnabelleRaven

TGCapper 

#19 | Posted: 15 Aug 2009 12:09

Wizard, that story arc in Shade may have been one of the best - and creepiest - use of TG in a major comic title!
BobH
TGCapper 

#20 | Posted: 15 Aug 2009 15:20

femur: Here's a cover gallery of editions of 'Regiment of Women', including the one you describe. No large, high res scans to be grabbed, alas:

http://www.librarything.com/work/239707/covers/
femur

Admin 

#21 | Posted: 15 Aug 2009 19:10

BobH
That's it! Love the use as the nipple for the "O" of "OF". Great find And some of those others are a hoot.

It's frustrating to see them list "high quality" dimensions in the corner of a few. Would love to see 'em bigger. They must be out there somewhere!
femur

Admin 

#22 | Posted: 15 Aug 2009 19:32

That's a great little site BobH found. Check out all the different covers for Thorne Smith's Turnabout.
BobH
TGCapper 

#23 | Posted: 15 Aug 2009 23:40

The one that looks like it's from the 1960s made me laugh: "a dazzling, sexy novel about husband and wife swappers". Someone picking that copy up would be expecting a novel about wife-swapping featuring lots of sex. Really like the cover using photos from the 1940 movie, and am deeply puzzled by the German cover. What was the artist smoking when he came up with *that*?
sruwizard

#24 | Posted: 21 Aug 2009 18:12

How about this one?

Bill
Pinky and the Brain 1
Pinky and the Brain 1
Eric

#25 | Posted: 16 Sep 2009 16:46

For those who haven
t read it - read Turnabout - it starts alittle slow but it may be funniest book ever written

Wric
lorna

Queen of TGCaps 

#26 | Posted: 26 Sep 2009 16:35 | Edited by: lorna

Since this Forum seems to need a boost, I figured I'd share the 'no cap needed' toons that I've found in the venerable Hefner mag. Some of you may have seen them before, but they deserve renewed attention, don't you agree?

"Harold" is my absolute fave!! If I was him, I'd definitely stay madeover!

Lorna
George
George
V.F.W.
V.F.W.
Once a Man
Once a Man
Hoffman
Hoffman
Jekyll
Jekyll
Son
Son
Ralph
Ralph
Harold
Harold
tristra

#27 | Posted: 26 Sep 2009 21:05

Great selection
I like the last three the most.
femur

Admin 

#28 | Posted: 26 Sep 2009 23:01

lorna

That's an awesome batch of TG cartoons you've posted. Mega-wow!!!
Page  Page 2 of 2:  « Previous  1  2 
The Real Thing TGCaps Forums / The Real Thing / Here's an interesting cover Top
Your reply Click this icon to move up to the quoted message

?
Only registered users are allowed to post here. Please, enter your username/password details upon posting a message, or register first.