TGCaps Forums | Polls | Search | Rules/Guide |
Recap Academy TGCaps Forums / Recap Academy /  

Hi there

jennimakepeace

#1 | Posted: 15 Oct 2011 19:32

Hi everyone

Just joined the site. Seems a fairly quiet place but wanted to join in the captioning fun. I've made some captions of my own (which you may have seen if you know me on Facebook or Flickr).

Looking forward to sharing some of my caps with you all x

Jenni
lorna

Queen of TGCaps 

#2 | Posted: 15 Oct 2011 20:45

Welcome to the party, Jen. New blood in the mix is great, but you'll have to get permission and work out the logistics with Femur. She's a doll though so I'm sure you'll love her like we do.

I'm not a social media type but would like to see some samples of your work. How about posting a few here on the forum as a preview of what we can expect?
jennimakepeace

#3 | Posted: 16 Oct 2011 18:30

I have no problems sharing some of my work with you all... er, once I work out how to post pictures that is, giggle.

Jenni
femur

Admin 

#4 | Posted: 17 Oct 2011 07:20

You can upload pics to the Forum here by clicking on "Attach file(s)" at the bottom of the field where you type in a message and then upload some files for us to see. Thanks!
Jezzi Stewart

TGCapper 

#5 | Posted: 17 Oct 2011 21:03

A big Vaingirls welcome! Looking forward to seeing your work.
Hugs, Jezzi
jennimakepeace

#6 | Posted: 18 Oct 2011 14:59

Okay, let me know what you think of these.
Don't annoy a Mistress
Don't annoy a Mistress
Second Life wedding
Second Life wedding
Tristra

#7 | Posted: 18 Oct 2011 17:12

I like both of these, they cover subject mater that while not uncovered in the other Caps, are kinda drown out by the shear quantity of other caps, and your use of more modern pics gives it a different style.

another thing is these show a complete story with conflict and resolution, and even some twists all in a single shot.

(Anyone who has seen my reviews knows that is something hard to earn.)

I would however advise against using yellow for a font color, it's a bit abrasive and can make it hard to read at times.
lorna

Queen of TGCaps 

#8 | Posted: 18 Oct 2011 17:48 | Edited by: lorna

Nice work, but ditto on Trita's comment --
Tristra:
advise against using yellow for a font color

There is something to consider. Browse the site and you'll notice that much of the content is recapped drawings, cartoons, renders, etc. Unless I've missed something there are very few if any any single panel 'live shot' captions like yours, except for what's in "Mod Panels" and "Photo Comics". I have about 375 'live shot' recaps in my library, but have made a practice of posting them on my Yahoo account instead of here.

I guess you have to discuss this with Femur and determine how your work fits into the scheme here. You might even warrant a whole new category!

Best wishes!
femur

Admin 

#9 | Posted: 18 Oct 2011 21:43 | Edited by: femur

Yes, Lorna is pretty much on the money. There are plenty of places to post caps with photography, but TGCaps grew out of recapping comics, either single panels, covers, or whole comics. The only time photography is used at all if in photocomics (a complete comic with word balloons) and Mod Graphics, where it's meant to capture the look and feel of an advertisement or some high concept graphic.

Sorry. Appreciate the interest, we could definitely use more contributors, but this isn't material for TGCaps.
Tristra

#10 | Posted: 19 Oct 2011 03:39

I'm really not trying to poke to hard because I know I'm already under a lot of peoples skin, but
there is a saying
"Over specialize and you breed in weakness."
We need new breath here,
if not with photo work then from paintings,
or just more modern comics and illustrated art.

this art is good and all but it is sorely dated and contrary to the continuing flood, there is only so much you can do with it.

new art would bring in a new mood.
jennimakepeace

#11 | Posted: 19 Oct 2011 15:09

Thanks for all your comments and especially thanks to you Trista for yours.

I must admit that I thought this website was called TGCaps because it was for all TG transformation captioned images, and I've been looking at captioned TG images online for a while since I found Fictionmania's website. Anyone that's been to their website knows they have a captioned image on their home page. I used to be a fan of Jenderbender's captions in her Yahoo! Groups (although I know some of her work was very much of an acquired taste) and recently been enjoying Tiffany's Trapped Tranvestite Caps.

This is the kind of style I try to aspire to and I like to try to tell a story in a frame, but I understand if that kind of work isn't suitable for TG Caps. I did wonder why I couldn't find any other work like my own style though. The work I've seen here is fantastic though.

Anyway, I wish you all well. Maybe I'll see you in other forums.
rphael

#12 | Posted: 9 Feb 2012 13:30

very good

Continue
do more
Recap Academy TGCaps Forums / Recap Academy / Hi there Top
Your reply Click this icon to move up to the quoted message

?
Only registered users are allowed to post here. Please, enter your username/password details upon posting a message, or register first.