TGCaps Forums | Polls | Search | Rules/Guide |
Fan Art and Artists TGCaps Forums / Fan Art and Artists /  

The Late Tea Party

Dread

#1 | Posted: 19 Dec 2012 19:12

Tales of Gotham city

The Late Tea Party

Waking up with a start, Batman finds himself tied to a large wooded chair. Looking around, he sees that the room looks more like a dungeon. Before him is a large, dusty table with many chairs and even more dinner plates. The room has no windows and no doors insight.

"Where on earth am I?" he asks himself

Then a voice answers his question.

"That's a very good question!" says a voice." Shall I answer it for you?"

"Who are you?" says Batman "And why did you bring me here?"

"Oh, I have nothing to do with that!" says the voice. "As to whom I am...."

Then appearing out of thin air in front of Batman is a large smile. Then in large purple striped cat shows itself.

"I'm Cheshire. The cat as you can see!" The Cheshire Cat says with a huge grin. "Now it's your turn!"

"My turn to do what?" Batman asks inquisitively

"To tell me your name!" says Cheshire then vanishes but appears floating next to Batman.

"I don't know what you're getting at Tetch, but I'm not in the mood!" Batman says referring Jarvis Tetch a.k.a. the mad Hatter.

"Forgetful are we?" says Cheshire still with a big grin." My name is not Jarvis Tetch. My name is Cheshire and your name is?....."

Still not wanting to play the game, Batman begins trying to remove himself from the chair.

"If you want, I can help you with that." says Cheshire.

"I don't need your help!" Batman says then pulls out a little blade from his glove that begins cutting the straps.
"If we're going to be friends..." says Cheshire. "Then I need to know your name."

Rising up after undoing the straps, Batman begins searching the room for clues. Looking at the walls, he sees old posters for Alice in Wonderland discolored with water damage.

Looking around more thoroughly, Batman sees only one door leading out. Problem is, it's only a foot tall, leaving no way for Batman to escape.

"If this is the only door..." Batman says to himself. "Then how on earth did I get in here?"

"There you go with that earth again." says Cheshire. "I don't know what earth is, but I can help you with you here."

Ignoring Cheshire, Batman goes for his utility belt but finds that he is no longer wearing it.

"Where's my belt?" ask Batman

"Honestly that's how it was when I got here." says Cheshire. "Is that belt thing important?"

"I told you no games!" Batman says in a angry tone. "Now if you know where the real door is, then tell me now."

"That door there is the only one I know." says Cheshire. "I don't use doors but it looks like it would be hard for you to get through there."

Batman then begins knocking on different parts of the walls trying to find the real door. The one that he had to have used to get in there, but knocking the walls only tells him that underneath the posters is solid brick.

"This makes no sense..." Batman says to himself. "There has to be a bigger door, for the Hatter to have used in order to put me in here."

"Are you referring to the Mad Hatter?" Cheshire asks

"Yes" Batman answers. "And I know that he is the one that put me in here."

"Maybe he did and maybe he didn't." Cheshire says vanishing and appearing in between words, "Which you like to know where to find him?"

"Before that, I need to get out of here!" Batman says then returns to the small door. "Now do you know where the key is?"

"Of course...." Cheshire answers.

"Tell me where it is!" Batman demands.

"Why it's on the other side of the door!" answers Cheshire.

"Then what good is that?" Batman asks

"I get it easy enough...." says Cheshire.

"Then why don't you?" Batman asks

"I might and I might not!" says Cheshire. "That of course is all up to you."

"What do you want?" asks Batman

"Oh, it's just a simple favor." Cheshire answers

"What kind of favor?" Batman asks while trying to figure out where Cheshire was going to appear next.

"Just a small one in the future..." says Cheshire now all see is a huge grin floating in the air, "If the future I want a small favor, and in return I shall lend you a hand, or just a smile."

Batman ponders the harm with making a deal with it disappearing smiling cat. Seeing that he has no choice in the matter Batman agrees.

"Okay" says Batman not sounding at all excited about it. "Now please get me the key."

Vanishing before his eyes, the Cheshire cat goes to fetch the key. Before Batman could even take a breath, he returns holding the key to the door.

Batman takes the key, kneels down and unlocks the door. Now Batman was thinking that maybe opening that small door would open a door to which he could actually go through. Instead the only thing that opens is the door.

"Well, that was a waste of time!" Batman says standing back up. "How does Jarvis expect me to get through their?"

"I could make a small suggestion...." says Cheshire now just floating through the air. "Why don't you drink that vile over on the table?"

Looking over at the table Batman sees a small vile with a small tag which reads "Drink this."

"Do you really think I'm going to drink that?" Batman says walking then picking up the vile

"I don't know!" says Cheshire. "But if you want to get the tea party, then you're going to have to do as the tag says."

"What's tea party?" Batman asks

"That's where you'll find the Hatter." Cheshire says now lying on the table. "You said that you wanted to find the Mad Hatter. If that's true then you better hurry, what I've heard you are ready late."

Batman switches his mask to scanner mode in order to determine what's in the vile. Rescanning the vile over and over again only tells him that the only thing that's in there is water with a little red dye.

Opening the vile Batman first sniffs the vile. Even though it's only water the smell is awful, he almost gags at the smell. Then deciding he has no choice, Batman closes his eyes and drinks the vile like a shot. Immediately Batman begins coughing and choking, unable to catch his breath.

He stumbles back into the wall and realizes the wall is sticky. Trying to pull himself from the wall he realizes that the wall is not sticky but it is his suit which is sticking to the wall. Slowly Batman's suit is melting right off his body. Trying to fight it, Batman stumbles about grabbing onto anything, but nothing he was doing would change anything.

Although his suit is currently melting off his body, his body is surprisingly cool. As he his melting mask begins blinding him he feels his body shrinking down. The Cheshire cat watches with his usual huge grin as Batman tries speaking only to have it muffled by his melting mask. Now lying before the Cheshire cat is a large, about 2 feet off the ground soft pile of Batman melted suit.

Cheshire vanishes and appears above the pile and asks," Are you okay?". The gray pile of Batman suit response by dissolving into the ground, leaving behind a blonde twenty something girl. Blonde girl is now wearing a dark blue knee length dress with black streaks on the skirt, pulling her hair back is a black headband. She also seems to be wearing black lipstick with some black eyeliner.

"What have you done to me?" the girl asks then looks down and sees black nail polish on her nails fingers

"Oh..." says Cheshire while floating over scanning the new girl. "Why didn't you tell me you're the new Alice?"

"I'm not Alice!" Batman says trying to sound intimidating but realizing he doesn't have the voice for it." I'm Batman, and I'm here to....Wait why am I here. I know it has something to do with the Mad Hatter. Why did I come here?"

"Batman?" Cheshire says inquisitively. "I've heard many Alice's claim another name, but Batman is different. I'll give you that Alice.

"I'm not Alice!!" says Batman/Alice. "Wait what do you mean by you've heard many Alice's claim another name? Have there been others?"

"Why yes" says Cheshire returning to a smile. "There have been a lot of them in recent days, but they never lasts. None of them have turned out to be the right Alice. Do you think you can be the right Alice?"
"I don't care about that!" says Batman/Alice.

Then Batman/Alice remembers something about the Mad Hatter and some hostages. Is it possible that's why he's here? To rescue the other so-called Alice's from the Mad Hatter.

Turning around, Batman/Alice sees that she's shrunk down more than a few inches, now the door which was too small before is now perfect for her.

"You said something about the Mad Hatter and a tea party?" ask Batman/Alice, "Will this door lead me to this tea party?"
Dread

#2 | Posted: 19 Dec 2012 19:27

"Yes" answers Cheshire. "If you like I can lead you to the party. Would you like that Alice?"

"Only if you stop calling me Alice" Batman/Alice demands. "There are many things I could stand and can't stand for. Being turned into a girl and be called a girl's name is one of the things I can't stand for."

"Okay, Batman wasn't it?" says Cheshire then disappears and appears in front of the door and opens it. "Let's get you to that tea party."

Heading out through the door Batman begins experiencing a terrible sensation. With no tools, suit, and with no idea as to what to expect, Batman begins wondering if his current form a strong enough to defeat the Mad Hatter.

Step through the door Batman/Alice was expecting to see a large warehouse or a theme park with stuff from Alice in Wonderland, but instead she sees what can only be described as a magical forest. She turned to look in through the door she just came through only to see nothing. The room that she was just in was gone and the only poof that there was a room was the door and frame.

"That's impossible!" she says while looking around.

Then she walks over to one of the trees and touches it.

"Impossible!" she says to herself.

"If you keep using that word then it will just fly away, never to be used again." says Cheshire.

"At first..." she says trying to control her shock. "I figured this was a hologram, which could explain what's happening here. But this tree here, I don't recognize its species. But I can touch it, and feel the wind blowing. Where am I?"

"This is Wonderland!" says Cheshire. "Everything is real around here. If you have any more doubts rather this is real or not, then you should look into the mirror."

"I don't want to see what I look like!" she says sounding upset. "I just want to find and defeat the Mad Hatter."

"Well then..." says Cheshire. "We should get going, right not Alice?"

"Yes let's go" she says. "Because I can't just stand walking in these shows."

It's not long before Batman/Alice could hear what could only be the tea party over the next hill. Hiding behind a bush Batman/Alice watches as the Mad Hatter enjoys his teatime with the Hare, and what looks like another Alice.

"Oh I do joy teatime!" says Jarvis Tetch a.k.a. the Mad Hatter. "How about you Hare? You haven't said much today, is there something wrong?"

"Oh no Hatter..." says what looks like The March Hare from the Alice in Wonderland story. "I've been wondering just how many Alice's are there. Yesterday there was about two four six eight 32 28 51 1 of them."

"Hair!!" the Hatter calls out trying to stop him from naming more numbers.

"Oh and there's only one." replies the Hatter it takes a sip of his tea. "Hopefully green Alice here is the real one. Isn't that what you wish for Alice?"

"Oh yes of course Hatter." says the Alice sitting opposite to the hair wearing the same outfit as Batman/Alice only with green instead of black. "Shall I refill your cup?"

"No Alice" says the Hatter. "I think you should get yourself some more, before I consume the pot."

The green Alice forces a smile then pours herself some tea, all the while trying to steady ever shaking hand. Meanwhile back to the bush Batman/Alice works up a plan.

"As I thought..." whispers Batman/Alice. "He's behind this, I'm not sure how he's created this world but I'm going to stop him."

"Are you saying...." asks Cheshire hiding behind the same bush. "That Hatter over there is somehow creating Alice's?"

"No." replies Batman/Alice. "It's like what happened to me. He's somehow figured a way to transform others. That woman over there is probably the hostage I came to rescue."

"Well..." says Cheshire. "If he's powerful enough to do this to you, how do you think you can beat him?"

"It's just a trick of the mind" again replies Batman/Alice. "All I have to do is get his hat off and then all should go back to normal."

"Removing the Mad Hatter's Hat?" says Cheshire sounding shocked. "Now that's mad. I think I will leave you to it, and if you want to talk, just knock three times on a tree and call me."

As the Cheshire cat vanishes. Batman/Alice then begins silently moving to flank the Hatter.

"March hair!" the mad Hatter calls. "Could you go pick up some more what they called again Alice?"

"Biscuits." answers green Alice. "There called biscuits Hatter, if you want I can go make more."

"Oh no Alice." says the Hatter. "I asked the March hair to go get them. You on the other hand have to stay here and enjoy your tea."

Again very frightened the green Alice forces a smile it takes a sip of her tea. Then just as the mad Hatter was about to say something, Batman/Alice comes up from behind and puts it chokehold on him.

"It ends now Jarvis!" Batman/Alice says to Hatter.

"Another Alice?" says the Hatter while trying to catch his breath. "Is this my birthday? I've seen many Alice's in recent days, but never to at once. Wait there's something different about you isn't there?"

"You know full well I'm not Alice Jarvis!" again Batman/Alice says. "Now you will end this."

"Strange..." says the Hatter. "You look like Alice, you sound like her but those words. There's only been one person to have called me that wrong name."

"Wait." the Hatter says after thinking. "Oh my, is that Batman? Did you follow me through the looking glass?"

"I said no games Jarvis!" says Batman/Alice as she tightens her grip around his neck. "Undo the illusion, now!"

"I had nothing to do with your wonderful makeover Batman!" says the Hatter with a smile. "I can't say I don't like it. Now if you please let me go."

"Why would I?" says Batman/Alice then realizes that she has indeed released her grip, releasing the Mad Hatter.

"Don't move!" the mad Hatter orders. "I want to look at the newest Alice."

Not knowing why but Batman/Alice complies

"Why can't I move?" asks Batman/Alice standing like a statue.

"I see..." says the mad Hatter looking over Batman/Alice. "I have full control over your body but not your mind nor your voice. I think I can work with that."

Try as she might and using every last bit of willpower she has she is unable to move until the Mad Hatter asks her to take a seat at the table next to the green Alice.

"I think..." says the Mad Hatter with a huge grin. " That one of you just might be the real Alice. I think that the black Alice might indeed be the real one?"

"I'm not Alice!" says Batman/Alice trying to remove herself from the chair.

"If you don't know who you are, then you don't know who you might be!" says the Mad Hatter as he pours tea in front of Batman/Alice.

"What is going on here?" Batman/Alice asks herself then upon the mad Hatter's request begins drinking her tea.

Now Batman/Alice has now learned that the Cheshire cat was right about the Mad Hatter having the power, now she must figure a way out of his control before something worse happens.
Dread

#3 | Posted: 2 Jan 2013 00:08

Batman/Alice finds herself lying on a small bed, could be several weeks later. Several weeks of attending tea parties, after the parties, and after more tea parties, and she is sick of it. However she feels that there is nothing that can be done. The Mad Hatter somehow has complete control over her physical body, but her mind is still free.

She looks over the other side of the room and sees the sleeping body of green Alice, and thinks back to her first Conversation with her. It was the same night she arrived, back when she was Batman, but after being transformed into the Alice character then was forced to participate in the Mad Hatter's tea party. Soon after the party was over, the Hatter orders her and the green Alice to go over to the cab, that wasn't far from the location where the tea parties usually takes place, and to go to bed and rest.

Although her body forces her to remain in the bed she is still able to remain awake and speak with the green Alice.

"What's your name?" Batman/Alice asks while lying to the bed

"I'm green Alice." green Alice answers, "And you're black Alice."

"No!" says Batman/Alice. "I mean your real name. The one you had before you came here."

"I don't remember that one." green Alice response. "I've been here for a long time, and all I know is green Alice. Do you know what's my old name is?"

"No." Batman/Alice answers truthfully. "But I will find out what it is."

"If you're not black Alice..." says green Alice. "Then do you mind if I ask what it is, before you forget it."

"I'm not going to forget who I am." Batman/Alice says sounding like her old self. "I am Batman and I'm here to help you."

"Batman?" green Alice says recognition. "I've heard of a Batman, but isn't Batman a man?"

"I am a man!" says Batman/Alice. "I don't know how he's doing it, but it's not real. It's just in our minds."

"I don't think so." says green Alice. "I've been in here for a long time, and this body is real. I am a girl. If you want to survive you need to accept that. Or else you'll end up like the others."

"What happened to them?" asks Batman/Alice, " Did he kill him? Because they wouldn't accept what he is trying to force on them?"

"No." answers green Alice. "I'm not sure what happens to them, but they are gone. We should get some sleep now, tomorrow were going strolling through the forest."

Knowing she's right and she needs her sleep, Batman/Alice rolls over and nods off.
Weeks later Batman/Alice once again finds herself sitting with the Mad Hatter, the March hair, and the green Alice at the tea party. All they basically do is: sit there, drink tea, eat biscuits sing and talk about nonsense. However while everyone else was supposedly having a blast with this, Batman/Alice has been watching the Mad Hatter. Patiently waiting for an opening to jump up catch the Hatter off guard and take off the ridiculous hat.
"So..." the Mad Hatter says to Batman/Alice. " You really haven't said much lately, aren't you having a good time black Alice?"
"You know Jarvis..." Batman/Alice says after unwillingly taking a sip of her tea. "That's not my name."
"Oh but it's much a great name!" the Hatter says as he gets up walks over to Batman/Alice to speak face-to-face. "That old name is silly for a girl like you. You should be pleased black Alice."
Finally seeing her opportunity, Batman/Alice grabs the Mad Hatter and smashes his face into the table and as he stumbles back Batman/Alice jumps up and spin kicks his hat off of his head, then kicks him the chest, knocking him down to the ground.
"It's over Jarvis!" Batman/Alice says standing over the recovering Mad Hatter.
It then hits Batman/Alice that the world and the illusion is still intact. Removing his hat should've released them, yet nothing has changed. Batman/Alice steps over to force Hatter to explain what's going on but once again stops on his command.
"Now that was a very silly thing to do!" says the Hatter as he gets up showing that he is completely unharmed. "You see this world as an illusion, that this isn't real. Well I have news for you, this is the real wonderland. I found the Gateway long ago and found a way to be the narrator, which means I control everything. Back in Gotham, you had the power, but in here I am a God. All I want is to have my adventures with Alice, and since you followed me here and wonderland decided that you where better off as this. Then I shall see if you are worthy of being Alice!"
Once again rendered motionless by the Hatter commands, Batman/Alice is forced to listen as he does on explaining what is going on.
"Since I can't control your mind right now?" The mad Hatter says sounding disappointed. "How about I teach you about behaving like Alice should behave? I want you to get up walk over there by that tree and stand there. You may not move or speak until my saying. Is that fair?"
Unable to answer the question Batman/Alice does as she was told He/she got up walks over to where the Hatter pointed and stood there. Before he left, the Hatter added that Batman/Alice may also not sleep, make the punishment worse.
Just about two days later appearing before Batman/Alice is the Cheshire cat, with his usual large smile.
"Oh what have we here?" Cheshire says while floating around, and with Batman/Alice's eyes following him, "Oh I can be so forgetful sometimes, what was that name you called yourself by?"
Dread

#4 | Posted: 2 Jan 2013 00:24

Batman/Alice gives no response, intriguing Cheshire's curiosity.

"I didn't figure you to be the strong silent type." Cheshire looking over Batman/Alice's body, "Oh wait, I get it now. You must have done something bad, and this is your punishment right?"

Again Batman/Alice gives no response.

"Did he tell you they can't move or speak?" asks Cheshire then realizes how she could answer that. "Oh right, would it make you feel better if I say I've seen worse? There was an Alice some time ago, yellow I believe. Who didn't behave like Alice should, I can't really recall what she did. That didn't stop the Mad Hatter from showing how upset he was. He told her to go over to that lake over there, and to keep walking until water level reached her chin, then stand there until the party was over."

"Unfortunately..." Cheshire continues. "That was one of the longest tea parties I've seen it many years. I'm not too sure what happened after. You should count yourself lucky. That he told you to come over here and stand. Well since you're busy, I leave you to it, oh and so you don't forget I still want that favor."

"By now..." Cheshire says while slowly vanishing, leaving behind a floating smile. Then he was gone completely. Leaving Batman/Alice all alone.

Batman has had much training, not just martial arts but also training his mind be stronger and sharper then his adversary. That is how he has beaten the Mad Hatter before, for some reason he is much more powerful and his body's transformation and this land, it feels too real to be fake. However, Batman/Alice must retain the thought that this isn't real, and that she isn't a she.

Day by day Batman/Alice watches the sun sets and rise over and over again. At this point regardless how trained Batman's mind, the whole not eating, and drinking or sleeping has taken its hold on his psyche. Just as Batman/Alice thinks that this is the end of Batman she hears her salvation. Over her shoulder she hears the Mad Hatter calling her back. Unlike before where Batman/Alice mentally didn't want to obey the Hatter, this time she's glad to be called back

Sitting in the chair after what could have been two weeks of standing, was heaven at this point.

"So black Alice..." says the Hatter. "Are you ready to behave like Alice?"

Batman/Alice slowly turns to look the mad Hatter dead in the eyes. Knowing that she has no strength to last another one of those standing marathons, instead of saying I will never submit to you, she says.

"I think so." she forces herself say.

"Good!" says the Hatter. "Because my least favorite part of these tea parties, is when an Alice misbehaves. I so hate hurting the Alice's, but it is necessary in order to find the real Alice. I hope you can forgive me black Alice."

Batman/Alice forces another smile and nods.

"So black Alice, would you like some tea?" says the Hatter

The thought of any fluids at this point is beyond necessary. She needs to be hydrated, so Batman/Alice again looks the Hatter in the eyes and says, "Yes please." knowing that's what he wanted to hear.

"Green Alice..." the Hatter calls out. "Please pour some tea for our dear friend black Alice."

"It would be a pleasure!" says Green Alice with a smile on her green lips. "And, would you like a biscuit black Alice?"

Batman/Alice once again nods, and Green Alice places some biscuits on her broken dish.

"By the way black Alice..." the Mad Hatter says raising a finger up. "I think it's best for you to lean to the right a bit."

Like before Batman/Alice's body obeys the Mad Hatters commands and begins slowly moving to the right.
"Why am I doing this?" asks Batman/Alice then a dinner fork separately flies through the air and smacks the chair right where her head used to be.

Looking over Batman/Alice sees that it was the March hair had thrown the fork.

"Am I late for tea?" the hair asks then jumps into a seat with a teacup already in it, breaking it on his ass.

All of a sudden with the hair sprang onto the table in pain, the mad Hatter and the greed Alice burst into laughter. The only shocker here is that Batman/Alice lets out a few giggles of joy.

"What am I doing?" Batman/Alice says to herself upon the catching that she was laughing.

"Did you bring them?" asks the mad Hatter, "Because if you didn't, then you can't have any tea."

"Oh no please I need tea!" the hair says in a panic. "Oh wait, I did bring them. Tweedle dee, Tweedle dum get over here, so I can have my tea."

More wobbly than walking over is Tweedle Dee and Tweedle dum, the two bright twin brothers of Wonderland.
"Good you found them!" the mad Hatter says excitedly, "I want you two to walk black Alice here around. She needs to stretch her legs. Can he do that for me?"

"Oh sure we can do that!" says Tweedle Dee.

"Black Alice...." the mad Hatter says. "I would like for you to go with these two and explore, but no getting into trouble or some fantastic adventure."

Not wanting to argue, and knowing she needs to walk around, Batman/Alice takes another drink and a few more bites of her biscuits then stands up and walks over to the twins.

"Now black Alice..." says the Hatter sounding a little disappointed, "Isn't it respectful to introduce yourself when meeting new friend?"

Unlike the other times when her body would comply with what he said, this time Batman/Alice has a choice whether or not to comply. Unfortunately she needs to stay on the Hatter's good side for now.

"I'm....Black Alice." Batman/Alice says with the hesitation. "And you are? If you don't mine the a
sking."

"Oh I'm Tweedle Dee and he's Tweedle dumb!" says Tweedle Dee.

"Or contrariwise, He's Tweedle dum and I'm Tweedle Dee."

Knowing it's what the mad Hatter wants Batman/Alice does a curtsy, knowing that's how British girls introduce themselves to others.

"Now that's a vast improvement!" says the Hatter. "I think it deserves a celebration, don't you think Green Alice?"

"Oh yes Hatter." she says sounding oddly more chipper. "I shall get some more tea."

Wanting to escape from the mad Hatter Batman/Alice starts walking while being excoriated by the twins into the forest. Here she hopes to come up with a plan of action.

"Wait, black Alice!" the hater call out. "Before you head off, I want you to come over here and give me a kiss."

Batman/Alice's eyes widen from the shock and horror of the mad Hatter's request.

"No... I won't, I can't!" Batman/Alice says over and over again in her mind.

Try as she might with no avail Batman/Alice's body walks over to the mad Hatter and places a simple a quick kiss on his cheek.

"Hmmm" the mad Hatter says to himself. "Now that's interesting, very interesting. Okay then, you can go now. Have fun black Alice."

As Batman/Alice walks away, Green Alice looks over and sees her hand trembling with anger.

Hours later as the three, Tweedle Dee, Tweedle dum, and Batman/Alice stop by a road

"Can I ask you to something?" asks Batman/Alice

"Sure!" says Tweedle dum. "Ask away."

"Can you give me some privacy?" asks Batman/Alice trying to sound a bit sweet. "I promise I won't run away."

"I'm not sure...." says Tweedle Dee. "He said for us to watch her right?"

"Yes he did!" Tweedle dum agrees.

"So how can we watch her if we leave her alone?" says Tweedle Dee.

The two twins continue their debate until they finally begin striking each other. Leaving Batman/Alice
alone to watch them fight. Slowly stepping back Batman/Alice eventually finds herself alone just as she wanted. Then begins repeatedly punching a tree, unaware of the floating pair of eyes watching her.

"May I ask..." says Cheshire appearing next to the sweating Batman/Alice. "What it is you're doing there?"

"Using pain like this can help break illusions!" says Batman/Alice while catching her breath. "I have to find a way out of this illusion."

"Well..." says Cheshire vanishing then appearing again now closer to Batman/Alice to finish his sentence. "What if what you remember from before is the illusion, and this is your true reality? And you've finally woken up? That is very possible!"

"No!" Batman/Alice says without a doubt in her mind. "I know what reality feels like, and this isn't real."

"Are you just saying that because of what the Hatter did to you earlier?" says Cheshire. "It's understandable; you're not the first that he did that to."

"You saw that?" says Batman/Alice after ceasing the punching of the tree. "You saw that, and did nothing about it?!"

"I usually always attend the Hatter's tea parties." Cheshire says now lying on a tree branch." But not of late, not ever since the Alice's started appearing. He's been obsessed with finding the so-called 'real Alice'."

"Do you want to know what I think?" asks Cheshire

"Do I have a choice?" Batman/Alice retorts back

"Not that I'm aware of!" says Cheshire. "I think, that Hatter thinks you might be the one. The one and true Alice."

"Well I'm not!" says Batman/Alice as she takes a seat on a tree root. "I am Batman, and I will defeat the Mad Hatter."

"If you still think..." says Cheshire still on a tree branch. "You don't seem like a Batman, but if you still feel like this is an illusion. Maybe you should strike that tree harder."

Cheshire then looks down at Batman/Alice's hand and seems how bloody and cut up her hand really is.

Cheshire watches as Batman/Alice begins pulling out small pieces of bark out of her knuckle.

"You know honestly..." says Cheshire then rolls over and stairs into the sky. "You don't strike me as the Batman, and since you can't break your spell why not enjoy Wonderland?"

As Cheshire rolls back over to face Batman/Alice he finds that she has vanished without a trace. Just like him, leaving him alone with his thoughts.

"Wow" Cheshire says to himself. "Is this what it feels like, when I do that? Because it's not a very good feeling if I do say so."

Then scaring Cheshire off of the branch is Batman/Alice appearing on the branch above him. As Cheshire begins floating up to be face-to-face with Batman/Alice, Batman/Alice continuously lets out a few giggles and smiles and stops then rep
Dread

#5 | Posted: 2 Jan 2013 00:34

Then scaring Cheshire off of the branch is Batman/Alice appearing on the branch above him. As Cheshire begins floating up to be face-to-face with Batman/Alice, Batman/Alice continuously lets out a few giggles and smiles and stops then repeats over and over again.

Cheshire says while laughing along with her. "How did you climb up here so quietly and quick? You didn't even mess up your hair, that's very impressive."

"Wait my hair!" Batman/Alice says grabs he quickly pulls off her headband. "Why didn't I think of this before, this is how he was controlling me. Now that I've taken that off, I should be free."

"What are you going to do now?" asks Cheshire, "With your newfound freedom, you're still here."

"I have to save the girl!" Batman/Alice says as she throws the headband as far as she could. "The green Alice, I will stop the Mad Hatter and bring her back to the real world."

"Good luck with that!" Cheshire says just before vanishing leaving behind only his voice. "I just might be watching you; after all I still want that favor you owe me."

"Thanks Cheshire!" Batman/Alice says unknowingly with a huge smile on her face.

Looking down Batman/Alice sees Tweedle Dee and Tweedle dum directly under her searching and calling out for her. Wanting another scare them, Batman/Alice jumps down and lands directly in front of them, scaring them quite literally off their feet.

"I told you!" says Tweedle Dee while rolling trying to get up." That she was nearby did I."

"No you didn't!" says Tweedle dumb doing the same. "You said that should I be nearby."

"I did not!" Tweedle Dee replies back. "You said she might be, but she wasn't was she."

Wanting to stop them from fighting again, Batman/Alice simply says, "Let's just agree that I'm here okay."

The two twins turned to each other then back at Batman/Alice and said, "okay!" Then Batman/Alice begins pulling them up from the ground. Then looking towards the way they came, Batman/Alice spots some flowers that look very familiar.

"Now I've got you!" Batman/Alice thinks to herself. "Don't think you've won Hatter. This is just the beginning Jarvis."

Early morning the next day.

The Hatter makes his way up the hill to prepare for today's tea party, but instead he's caught off guard by a surprising sight. Instead of finding a long table with broken plates and cups all about, he finds a table with a long sheet on it with new plates and cups to their proper places.

"Good day Mad Hatter!" says Batman/Alice as she places a fresh pot of tea to the center of the table. "You can take his seat there Hatter."

"Well, this is a surprising sight!" says the mad Hatter then takes a sniff of something sweet to the air. "Is that fresh biscuits I smell?"

"Why yes Hatter!" Batman/Alice with a sweet smile and pulls out a chair for Hatter,"Green Alice is in the cabin over there making fresh biscuits. Is to your liking, is it?"

"Why yes black Alice!" the Mad Hatter says as he takes a seat. "Where are the March hair, and Tweedle Dee and Tweedle dum? I would hate to start the party without them."

"Oh they'll be here a little later." Batman/Alice says as she takes her seat. "You want your tea now?"

"Oh yes please!" the Hatter says he raises his cup so Batman/Alice could fill it, "Tell me something, you've been a guessed for my parties for many weeks now, why are you doing this now?"

"Why not?" Batman/Alice response then pours her cup. "I think that for now it should be just the three of us. You, green Alice, and myself. After all, there can only be one Alice right?"

"Hey wait?!" the Mad Hatter says sounding inquisitive. "Where's your headband? You hair is so pretty it needs something to hold it up."

"I lost it yesterday I think..." Batman/Alice says trying to sound convincing. "Maybe later you can make me a hat perhaps?"

"Right you are!" the Mad Hatter says as he watches green Alice brings over and sets down a fresh pleat of biscuits on the table.

"Oh goodness me!" the Mad Hatter says with high excitement voice, "This day is already becoming the best day I know. You two finally behaving like Alice, when the time comes I don't know if I can choose between two."

"Let's worry about that later" Batman/Alice says. "Now if I recall, we were discussing things that start the letter G."

The celebration from the Hatter's point of view only gets better, as they all go on discussing things that start with the letter G. Then they all sing, as the Hatter jumps on the table and dances with no music. He lets out huge bolts of laughter as he watches the smiling faces of black Alice, and green Alice.

Although this is seems like Batman/Alice had the Hatter as happiest as can be, he shall soon fall into his/her trap. While green Alice was busy inside with making biscuits, Batman/Alice had added something quite special to the tea. The night before Batman/Alice had snuck out grabbed some of the flowers she spotted earlier and created something that should render the Mad Hatter unconscious.

Looking at bit closer at Batman/Alice's cup, we find that she had never really filled it up but was not pretending to be drinking. Just when Batman/Alice began to doubt that he/she had put enough in the tea to render the Hatter unconscious, he suddenly drops onto the table lets out loud snores.

"Hatter?" the green Alice says trying to awaken the mad Hatter. "Black Alice is he all right? We can't have the party without him."

"I'm sorry." Batman/Alice apologizes, "But I needed him out of the way. Now is our chance to get away."

"But I want to stay here!" the green Alice says sounding sad that the Hatter is asleep. "I can't remember anything else; I need to be his Alice now. You need to be his Alice now."

"No!" Batman/Alice says in a demanding tone. "This isn't your world, or my world. You and I are not the Alice he wants. She is like everything else here its make-believe, and if we don't get out here soon they'll be no turning back for us."

Batman/Alice grabs green Alice and pulls her away from the table, but before they could get more than 3 feet they stop. Not knowing why, but they stop in their tracks.

"Very naughty!" says the Mad Hatter as he pulls himself the table. "Very naughty in deed black Alice. Can't you see that young green Alice wants to stay here?"

"But how?" Batman/Alice says in shock. "I saw you consume the entire pot."

But as Batman/Alice turns around to face the Mad Hatter she immediately deduces how he did it.

"You're dancing." Batman/Alice says as she scans and spots out the clues. "I was so focused on the dancing; I didn't notice you dumping your cup out."

"So I see, that the world's greatest detective is still in their!" the mad Hatter says as he claps.

"How do you know what I was doing?" asks Batman/Alice as she and green Alice to return to the table.

"I caught on as soon as I saw your boring head!" the Mad Hatter says grabs the teapot and throws it to the side. "As soon as I saw you weren't wearing your pretty headband, I figured you took it off because

you thought that's how I can't control you. Apparently you were wrong on that, and now I think some more punishments are required."

"Do what you want Hatter?!" Batman/Alice says sounding very tough. "I will never submit to you or your sick delusions."

"Okay" the mad Hatter says sounding weirdly okay with that.

"Okay?" Batman/Alice says sounding confused. "That's it?"

"Well no!" the Mad Hatter says then has green Alice walks over to him and he whispers something in her ear.

"What are you doing?" says Batman/Alice. "She had nothing to do with what I did."

"I know." the Mad Hatter says with a devious tone to his voice. "The last time I punished you, it didn't stick. Now I think I went the wrong way. I just told green Alice to jump in that lake and keep swimming until I say. As for you I want you to turn and watch her and be silent."

"Oh green Alice..." the Mad Hatter adds." I think you should remove your dress. It would be a shame to ruin such a pretty dress."

The Mad Hatter laughs with pure evil in his voice as he watches green Alice stripped-down to her underwear then jump to the freezing lake. Just like before Batman/Alice turns to watch green Alice do exactly as she was told. Seeing that he was out of tea the Mad Hatter says, "I need to make more tea!"

And as the mad Hatter leaves, a tear slides down Batman/Alice face as green Alice swims in the freezing lake, letting a whimper out every time her face resurfaces. Forced to swim in a circle of ice as Batman/Alice watches, being punished for something she did. She clenches her fist so tight that her nails dig into her palm and blood drips on the grass..........
Dread

#6 | Posted: 4 Jan 2013 21:59

I hope you are enojying this Tea Party. I would love to know, I'm going Mad with delight and wonder to know. Pour yourself a cup of tea and say how you feel. The next part shall follow!- Kova (editor)
Tsubasa8

#7 | Posted: 5 Jan 2013 06:28

It's a bit surreal much like the Alice books. Is Batman in some other dimension or is it all hallucinations? Have other people been turned into the other characters? or just Alice's?

Interesting idea and story so far, look forward to more

Your fan, Tsu
Dread

#8 | Posted: 6 Jan 2013 16:34

The Mad Hatter returned later on, but more than half of the day has gone by since he told green Alice to jump in the lake and swim until he said so to stop. Batman/Alice was forced to watch, silent and still as green Alice became more exhausted with each stroke.

"Oh I'm so sorry!" the Hatter says placing a fresh pot of tea on the table." I didn't realize how much time went by, but I just love the smell of tea leaves."

Batman/Alice said nothing for Hater had not told her that she could speak again, but he looks at her faces and sees that her eyes a blood shut from crying. Her face still burning from anger.

"Oh don't be sad black Alice..." the Hatter says as he takes his seat. "I now free you from your punishment; you can now move about and speak as you wish."

"Hatter stop this!!" Batman/Alice immediately demands upon being released. "I get it, I won't miss behave again. Please just make her stop."

"Oh I'm afraid I can't dear black Alice." the Hatter says calmly after taking a drink.

"What do you mean you can't?" Batman/Alice asks after stepping closer to the table. "I said I'm sorry; please get her out of there."

"No can do!" again the Mad Hatter says then takes a sip of his tea. "I didn't hear the magic word."

"What magic word?" asks Batman/Alice sounding like she's on the verge of panic.

"The magic word!" the Mad Hatter says once again sounding devious. "You tell me the magic word, and I will release her."

"What's the magic word then?" Batman/Alice says as she tries to figure what is it he wants to hear. "If you don't tell me, how can I save her?"

"You can't!" replies the Mad Hatter. "Unless you're the real Alice, then you would know what the magic word is."

"But I'm not her!" Batman/Alice says in a panic. "Just please tell me what is it you want me to say."

Batman/Alice looks over at the lake and sees that green Alice isn't going to make it much longer. Batman/Alice goes back and forth from looking at the lake to the Mad Hatter and back again. With her heart pounding our chest and thoughts of letting an innocent die for her mistakes keep rushing into her head. Then out the further reaches of her mind an answer pops as she looks at the mad Hatter's face, and realizes what he wants.

Batman/Alice stands up grabs the Mad Hatter by the shoulders, pulls him in close and delivers a slow and very passionate kiss. They kiss for several minutes until finally Batman/Alice pulled back and simply smiles.
The Mad Hatter looks deep to Batman/Alice's eyes then gives the order that green Alice can stop and get some rest.

"Oh joy!" the Mad Hatter says almost jumping out of his chair. "That was, I don't know but I wasn't expecting it to be that's amazing. You are the real Alice, you finally returned to me."

Batman/Alice simply continue smiling back, then begins blushing and looking down from the Hatter.

"Oh don't be so bashful my dear Alice!" the Mad Hatter says as he strokes Batman/Alice's hair. "I had a feeling you might be the real Alice. When you first kissed me I had a feeling, but I had to know for sure. It also needed to be your choice. After all I can't make you the real Alice. You have to choose, and you have chosen wisely. You are so beautiful Alice."

Batman/Alice looks back up at the mad Hatter, and as she does the inner thoughts of fighting back and resisting the Mad Hatter begins washing away in a flood in her mind.

"Thank you Hatter!" says black Alice then gives the Mad Hatter a curtsy.

"Oh how sweet Alice!" Mad Hatter says while clapping. "I wish we could continue, but you look so very tired and we can't have my adventures if you fall asleep. Now can we?"

"No we can't Hatter." Alice says then a flash of Batman's life begins playing inside the newborn Alice's head.

"Til tomorrow my dear Alice." the Mad Hatter says then sees a confused looking Alice standing in front of him. "I see, there's still a little of he 'who shall not be named' here. That's troublesome for my plans."

"Wait, I got it!" the Mad Hatter says after thinking about it. "I'll make you a deal. Every time surprised me with something like the kiss you just gave me. Then I release a hostage so to speak. Is that fair Alice?"

"What makes you think I can trust anything you say?" says black Alice after thinking about the other hostages and the fact that she assumed that there was only one.

"Oh Alice you can trust me." the Mad Hatter says as he stands up and looks over at Alice. "You know that I'm right, after all I can't lie to you Alice."

Then like before a flood feels Alice mind purging it of his thoughts that might be the Batman's.

"Yes..." says Alice. "I can trust you. Til tomorrow. Good night Mad Hatter."

"Good night." The Mad Hatter replies

Alice then makes her way to her room. Just as the green Alice was about to follow the Mad Hatter asks her to come over to him so he could tell her something.

As the years roll by and the amazing adventures, such as battling the red Queen, battling the Jabberwocky, and many unbelievable things, the Batman is being chipped away little by little until there is nothing but Alice.
Quickly dashing through the forest, Alice wearing her classic blue dress is on the run from the red queen and the deck of hearts. Accompanying her is the white rabbit, looking more scared than Alice as she smiles and laughs.

"Oh come on!" Alice says still laughing and running. "I think they are getting slower. Don't you think rabbit?"

"As long as we can out run them, I'm fine with it!" says the white rabbit as he hops along side Alice.

"Okay." Alice says after looking back then forward and then seeing a fork in the road ahead. "When we get to that fork up ahead, I want you to go right, while I go left. Got it?"

Just as the rabbit is about to say I don't think that's a good idea, Alice gives a word and splits up. Forcing the white rabbit to go left along with most of the queen's hearts, while three continue chasing Alice.

They continue for several minutes until they find dear Alice standing in the middle of the road waiting for them.
"Okay I give up" says Alice as she sticks her arms out waiting for irons. "That's enough playtime today."

"That's the last time you will play anything Alice!" says the lead heart as he and his two associates walk up to the defenseless Alice. "The red queens orders, if we find and capture the one known as Alice which we are about to. We must cut off your head and give it to the Queen."

Then only two feet away from Alice, the three hearts then fall into a deep hole which was covered with a sheet and dirt.

"Sorry boys..." Alice says laughing over the whole. "I like my head right where it is thank you very much, til tomorrow then. Bye bye!"

Then Alice makes her exit, leaving the still screaming hearts in the whole.

Eventually Alice finds herself in a very familiar part of the forest.

"Wait I've been here before..." she says to herself. "There's something with this spot, but I can't really put my finger on it. Well that's what I get for hanging out with Mad Hatter all this time. Speaking of, I think I'm late for the next tea party."

Just as Alice was about to make a way to the party a weird looking tree catchers her attention. The tree is a common tree, one you would find it anywhere in Wonderland but this one the bark has been removed and is covered with little scratches.

"I know this tree, but how?" Alice asks herself. "And why did I get the feeling that I'm being watched?"

As Alice turns around she looks up and sees a very familiar set a floating teeth.

"Long time no see!" Cheshire says as the rest of his body appears.

"Cheshire!!" Alice calls out with excitement. "It has been too long, why haven't I seen you around? God it's been like I don't know, a while."

"You're going by just Alice right?" Cheshire asks as he disappears and appears in front of Alice.

"Yeah that is my name!" Alice says not sounding confused at all.

"Well Alice..." Cheshire says still smiling. "From your point of view it's been years, many, many years since we last spoke."
Dread

#9 | Posted: 6 Jan 2013 16:42

"Are you sure?" Alice asks sounded a bit confused

"Oh yes!" Cheshire answers. "I'm very good at keeping time, and you seem to have lost it along with that other thing."

"What other thing?" asks Alice, "And what are you talking about? We can continue this with Hatter, I think he's missed you."

"Oh I don't think he's missed me." says Cheshire. "But you have, I think I've waited long enough for that favor. You do still remember you owed me a favor right?"

"Of course." Alice says returning to her sweet smile. "You never did tell me what it was, although I can't really remember why I own you a favor."

"That's not important Alice..." Cheshire says as he moves in closer to Alice's head. "Now for that favor, do you see that tree behind you? Well let me tell you about it."

Alice's eyes widen as Cheshire informs her of something she forgot long ago. Almost an hour and a half later, the Mad Hatter who is sitting in his usual chair accompanied by the March hair and the white rabbit is joined by Alice.

"Oh Alice there you are!" the Mad Hatter says. "The white rabbits were just telling me all about your little run in with the queens hearts. Of course I wasn't really worried; after all you have proven you can take care of yourself. Although I was concerned that you didn't show up on time for tea, that's not much like yourself."

"You have nothing to worry about Hatter..." Alice says as she takes a seat. "I just stopped over by where the flowers grow to nice conversation with them. I think I'm starting to get through to them, they can be so stubborn sometimes. Anyway doesn't look like I missed much."

"Well not really Alice. You will reveal update, is that we are almost at the tea." Said The Mad Hatter
Then appearing in a chair was Cheshire

"Now that's a shame!" Cheshire says while holding an empty teacup. "How can we have a tea party without tea?"

The Mad Hatter looks at Cheshire with confusion then brushes it off.

"Cheshire?" Mad Hatter says forcing a smile. "I didn't realize you were around, but now that you are this should make things more interesting."

"I would've come sooner..." Cheshire says still holding the cup. "But I just wanted to wait until the whole Alice thing was over and done with. She's something isn't she: her confidence, her strength. Without a doubt she has no equal."

"You flatter me Cheshire!" Alice says hiding her smile.

"Have you two met before?" asks the Mad Hatter

"Once or twice" answers Cheshire. "Had a few conversations here and there, Small talk mostly."

Alice then gets up to make a fresh pot of tea leaving the Mad Hatter and Cheshire to continue talking with one another.

Later Alice returns with a fresh pot, but sees the Mad Hatter is upset about something. Cheshire still has a smile, but the white rabbit has a frightened look on his face. Alice then begins refilling their cups, starting with the Mad Hatter and works her way down to Cheshire.

"So Hatter..." Alice says as she takes her seat right next to the Mad Hatter. "What are our plans for tomorrow? I was thinking maybe Cheshire could join us; it would be so much fun."

"I don't think so Alice." Mad Hatter says as he takes a drink. "Poor Cheshire has never been one for adventures like you or I sweet Alice. Tomorrow we are going to see the white queen, who knows what might happen there."

Alice nods but looks over at Cheshire then looks back at the mad Hatter and says, "do you know a Jarvis Tetch?"

Right there the Mad Hatter drops his cup in his hand begins trembling. He looks over at Alice and sees something in her eyes that he hasn't seen in a long time.

"Where did you hear that name?!" the Mad Hatter asks while trying to sound calm, "Did Cheshire say something about it?"

"No, it is something I heard somewhere." says Alice sounding sweet and innocence. "One more question, what happened to green Alice?"

The Mad Hatter begins to hyperventilate. The shock from hearing Alice say these words is becoming too much for him to handle.

"Alice my dear..." the Mad Hatter says trying to resolve the situation. "There was never a green Alice; there has and only been you. Now stop saying these things, please."

"I remember green Alice!" Alice says as she stands up and walks over to the Mad Hatter. "I couldn't remember her yesterday, but now I'm remembering so much about her. Other things are coming back too, confusing things. Like you been some mean to us for misbehaving. Why would you hurt her or me?"

"Please Alice you have to stop this." Mad Hatter says. "We can go on so many more adventures, but only if you stop asking me these things. I don't want to hurt you, you are the perfect Alice and I don't want to lose you."

"Hurt, you used to punish me and green Alice for not doing what you said!" Alice says as she remembers more and more. "You made us do things, you could control our bodies."

"Alice stop!" the Mad Hatter commands but to his surprise Alice continues.

"Alice, you didn't always call me Alice!" she says as she takes a few steps back. "You called me black Alice, but that isn't my real name at all."

The Mad Hatter jumps up and grabs Alice by the shoulders, and with tears in his eyes he screams at her to stop thinking about those lies. He tries to assure her that she was and had always been Alice. Somehow though, Alice is unaffected by his words, somehow in your years of being together he lost his power to control her.

"You're afraid!" Alice says look into the Mad Hatter's eyes. "Whoever I used to be, you are afraid of that person. Who is it that scares you so bad?"

The Mad Hatter stumbles back out of fear as he sees what seems like bats beginning to swarm out of Alice's shadow. Alice looks around, at all the bats flying around then looks into the Mad Hatter's eyes and says "Batman."

"I'm Batman!" Batman/Alice says returning from the depths of Alice's mind. "I came here to stop you, you are a criminal and you came here you took hostages. Green Alice she was one of them, then you transformed me into this. It's over Jarvis."

"That's impossible!" Mad Hatter says as he crawls back to the table. "How can beat my control over you, it's impossible."

"Like you told me about 20 years ago I believe, nothing is impossible!" Batman/Alice says as she steps closer and with a jester of her hand some of the bats fly out grabs the Hatter by his arms and lifts him up to face her.
Then Cheshire vanishes from his seat and appears Batman/Alice's shoulder.

"You... you've freed her! But how?!" the Mad Hatter says trying to fight the bats.

"Actually you my dear boy freed her!" Cheshire says with a huge grin. "All I did was help her remember what you made her forget."

"What do you mean that I freed her?" asks the Mad Hatter.

"When corrupted my mind, you made me part of this world..." Batman/Alice says, "You can only control me and the others when they were still themselves. But when they became part this world your control diminished. I figured that some time ago, unfortunately before I could exploit it, I lost myself."

"Why, Cheshire why would he do this to me?" says the Mad Hatter. "You are part of this story; you should have helped her remain as Alice. That's why I made you, just tell me why."

"Well it looks like, that Batman wasn't the only one that forgot some things!" says Cheshire.

"This place isn't real!" Batman/Alice says. "I knew that from the start, I couldn't figure out or remember what this place really is, until now. It's your dream Jarvis; you stole something from Wayne Tech that allows you to create stuff like this in your mind. It also allows you to bring other people in. Somehow you fixed it so that someone else can come in here with and you would have control and that's what you did. Kidnapped several people and brought them in here to play your characters. Every one of the characters in this computer dream world are the hostages. Like me, you made them think they are the characters you turn into."

"No, no it's not fair you can't do this!" the mad Hatter screams out as Batman continues.

"After a while you started creating the Alice character." Says Batman/Alice, "but they never lived up to your expectations so then you transform them into other characters. Such as green Alice into the white rabbit."
The white rabbit looks up after hearing that apparently he used to be green Alice then he remembers and vanishes without a trace.

"See, as soon as he remembered he was sent back to the real world!" Batman/Alice says continuing. "Some time ago, when I was sure I was forgetting, I found a tree and began carving a message for me. Cheshire kept it covered so that you wouldn't find it too soon. Cheshire reminded me about it, and when I saw the message, all the things you made me forget came back to me."

Flashing back to when Alice looked over the tree, she finds that before she started forgetting the truth she craved the batman symbol over and over into the tree. One for each day that passed.

"He didn't answer me..." the Mad Hatter says referring to Cheshire. "Why would he help you?"

"Shall I explain it to him Batman?" Cheshire asks Batman/Alice."

"Go right ahead!" Batman/Alice says

"I'm not your Cheshire cat!" Cheshire says as he floats over to the Mad Hatter. "You were so busy with your Alice's and the other characters you didn't notice when I came along."

"If I didn't create you, where did you come from?" the Mad Hatter asks

"When I came here I know my mind was in danger..." Batman/Alice explains. "So I created him, knowing he would go unnoticed here. Think of him as an anchor, I created him to help me when I needed it."

"Reminding her of her past wasn't the only thing I did." Cheshire adds, "The whole time you were with her doing one of your little adventures, I was searching for a way to override your control. Once I got it, I reminded her of who she really is and here we are."

"You, you plan this!" the Mad Hatter says realizing the truth. "You wanted me to focus on you, you were bating for me. The whole time you were pretending to be Alice to keep me distracted."
Dread

#10 | Posted: 6 Jan 2013 16:46

"Actually I wasn't pretending!" Batman/Alice says. "I knew you were going to do something with me. Honestly this did not cross my mind but I was prepared for it. I knew you would know if I was pretending, so I created Cheshire and I made myself forget and let you take control my mind. Of course I didn't make it easy; otherwise you would have caught on."

"This can't be happening?!" the Mad Hatter says as he watches the Wonderland break apart around them. "What's happening?"

"Put it simply Jarvis..." Batman/Alice says as she steps closer to the Hatters face and says as her body reforms quickly back into Batman. "This is your wake-up call."

Then jumping up from the bed, the Mad Hatter awakens in the real world surrounded by several unconscious people. Including Jim Gordon the Commissioner of police, and Robin, Batman's partner.

As the Mad Hatter was about to make a run for it, he is stopped by the Batman who had beaten him to the door.

"No please!" the mad Hatter begs on his knees. "I just wanted to live in Wonderland, with all my friends. Please, please send me back."

Batman looks down on him and says, "We all have to wake up sometimes."

Later back in the Batcave, Batman is joined by Barbara Gordon a.k.a. Batgirl.

"Bruce, I heard what happened!" she says while giving him a hug. "The Mad Hatter kidnapped my father and Robin to be characters in his dream world."

"Yes, luckily I trace the signal to his hideouts and logged in." Batman says as he starts removing his suit.

"Weird, how long where you guys gone for?" Barbara asks

"By the time I got there; Tim and your father had already been there for about 2 minutes." Batman says with the last bit of the suit.

"2 minutes?" Barbara says confusedly. "But I just talked with him and he said it was like years from what he remembers. By the way, who did my dad play and who did Jarvis picked for Tim?"

"I believe Tim was the March hair and your father was the White Rabbit." Bruce says as he put on some clothes. "In a dream your mind functions faster time is slower." Bruce continues

"How long were you in their?" she asks as she takes a seat.

"About 4 minutes. Give or take" again Bruce answers as he stretches.

"That's real-time right?" Barbara asks, "How long were you in their dreamtime?"

"About 147 years." Bruce answers calmly like it doesn't faze him.

"Oh Bruce!" Barbara says sounding very worried. "I think before you doing anything else, you should see someone. Spending hundred and 47 years thinking your Alice in Wonderland could do some harm to your psyche."

"I'm fine Barbara." Bruce says still sounding calm. "I've trained for this kind of thing. Now if you excuse me, there are some things I need to file."

Barbara just sighs and says that she needs check on Tim anyway, and so she says good night and heads upstairs, leaving Bruce all to himself. But as he makes his way up the stairs, playful laughter begins echoing off the walls. Bruce turns around and tries look at the source. Bruce brushes it off as just him hearing the bats moving around in the cave. As Bruce turns back around to his much surprise, he is greeted with the smile of Cheshire.

"Hello Bruce!" Cheshire floating in front of Bruce, "Did you miss me?"

"What are you doing here?!" Bruce says in a demanding tone, "You were supposed to go away once I woke up."

"Now Bruce, you put on efforts into making me and you thought I will go away so easily" says Cheshire as he vanishes and reappears on Bruce's computer.

"You're not real you just in my head!" Bruce says as he tries to get rid of his delusion.

"We made a deal, remember?" Cheshire says. "I help you, and you give me freedom."

"I don't need your help anymore" Bruce says." Your task is over and done with so you can go now.

"I'm not talking about hat I did in the Mad Hatter's dream!" Cheshire says the serious tone. "I'm talking about what I'm doing now."

Bruce looks at him with confusion.

"He didn't cross your mind that when you woke up all the changes from Alice experiences didn't cross over? You have to have known there would be consequences to the little plan of yours. Right now, I'm what's holding it back, and if I go she comes back."

Bruce closes his eyes and focuses harder sending Cheshire away. He opens his eyes and sees he's gone. For a second Bruce figures he was lying about the Alice persona. He then drops it and decides to turn in the night, just as he turns off the last light for a split-second, he sees what looked like black Alice standing in the middle of the cave. He switches the light back on and sees nothing, then decides to dismiss it as his mind playing tricks.

As Bruce closes the entrance to the Batcave, you follow the stairs down back into the cave, you hear the laughter continue. Back, far back in the cave, standing in a dark corner, its looks like the outline of Alice. Then appearing on her shoulders is Cheshire and all you see in this darkness, is his great big smile.....

The end...?
Tsubasa8

#11 | Posted: 8 Jan 2013 05:37

another great story. makes me imagine them like episodes of the animated series. that'd be great to see right?
Dread

#12 | Posted: 8 Jan 2013 14:17

Thanks, thats what i was gunny for when i wrote them. more to come soon.
Dread

#13 | Posted: 9 Jan 2013 23:13

Ladies and Gents! I hope you enoyed this story for it was fun to write. But now we have a announcement....... A new story, not like the ones weve done before. A new masked hero is taking the medicine and diving into this world!! Muahahahahahah Sorry, lots of sugar today! XD Anywho we shall give you a hint of who he is: He wears a spangly outfit, he always has something to say and he sometimes takes pictures of himself swinging from the rooftops!Thanks for the views. See ya around!- Dread, Kova
Fan Art and Artists TGCaps Forums / Fan Art and Artists / The Late Tea Party Top
Your reply Click this icon to move up to the quoted message

?
Only registered users are allowed to post here. Please, enter your username/password details upon posting a message, or register first.