TGCaps Forums | Polls | Search | Rules/Guide |
Modified Panels TGCaps Forums / Modified Panels /  

Color Added

Page  Page 3 of 4:  « Previous  1  2  3  4  Next »  
katyk

#31 | Posted: 5 Dec 2012 00:28 | Edited by: katyk

Thanks heaps to the both of you, Jezzi and Lorna! I greatly appreciate your commentaries both pros and cons. (I try to remember: As much as praise, a little constructive criticism only helps an intelligent person!)
...And I'm glad I've pleased you with my color choices, too!

As it stands, I'm doing what I LOVE to do! My time is pretty tied up right now, but I hope to get more free time probably after the holidays...and then WATCH OUT!!

But in the meantime, here's another pair from my archives....
Feets Too Big
Feets Too Big
Something's Wrong!
Something's Wrong!
Jezzi Stewart

TGCapper 

#32 | Posted: 5 Dec 2012 00:46

I can tell "her" where to find comfy shoes, 13W is my girl shoe size, too. Payless 13W black patent 3" heel pumps were the most comfy shoes I owned - guy or girl - and at $19., the cheapest! (Interestingly, at Payless, 13W is also my guy shoe size.)
lorna

Queen of TGCaps 

#33 | Posted: 5 Dec 2012 01:30

Alert: semi-off-topic
Jezzi Stewart:
Payless

Yea Jezzi, that's my source too. For me it's their 12WW for my 10.5W's, snug but ok and never more than $20. Got some great ankle high zip 3" heels there once that were incredibly comfy, wish I still had them!
katyk

#34 | Posted: 6 Dec 2012 00:15

Unfortunately for Inspector Johnny Law, HIS shoe size is 13WW! ...THAT'S where his problem comes in....

But, thanks for the tip. I'll have to check out Payless myself. Thank goodness I don't need TOO large a size as I can get away with 11W and sometimes can squeeze into a regular 11. The prices, though, from what you say, are nicely suited to my budget!
Amanda Hawkins

#35 | Posted: 6 Dec 2012 02:56 | Edited by: Amanda Hawkins

I'll second Lorna, Katyk, the coloration you're doing on these images is amazing. It's obvious you're doing something you enjoy, because the quality shines through. You may not be getting a lot of feedback, but I'm sure that everyone who sees your work appreciates the time you've put in.

katyk:
As much as praise, a little constructive criticism only helps...

Okay, you asked for it. :-)

As good as the art is, I find that the caption text pales in comparison. I can't blame you for that; it's really hard to come up with something fresh and interesting to say. That's why I don't caption all that much. Most captioning on the web is terribly repetitive; frankly, most of it isn't really worth reading. Your captions are, but they could be better.

Okay, you say, fair enough. But what to do about it? You've got all this art (and more on the way) and it all needs captioning. Here's my suggestion (it's a bit radical).

Keep doing what you're doing and add your caption to each piece. But then throw the field open to other people's contributions, and stick the best one onto the art as "the one" (with attribution). Bear in mind, this isn't gonna happen overnight. You might have to wait days/weeks/months to collect enough suggestions to find a really good one.

Obviously, this can't be done on a message board. Get your own section under "Mod panels", where each piece of art has its own page and text can appear below it (see Jezzi's work for examples). The piece would also appear in your thread, along with a link to the specific page in your section. Give people multiple ways to contribute (e.g., here in the thread or in a PM to you). Wait and see what happens. Add all serious suggestions to the text at the bottom. If and when you get a good one, update the caption and announce the fact in your thread (with attribution). That's sort of like winning a contest. It'll make the winner feel good and hopefully encourage participation.

All that may sound like a lot of trouble, and it may well be. Most of the work would probably lie in setting it up, though, and if that's done right it should be easy to maintain. The advantages are providing multiple ways for people to encounter your artwork, generating interest through interactivity, and (hopefully) improving the captions themselves.

That's my two cents (or two dollars) worth.

Amanda Hawkins
lorna

Queen of TGCaps 

#36 | Posted: 6 Dec 2012 13:29

Amanda Hawkins:
Get your own section under "Mod panels", where each piece of art has its own page and text can appear below it (see Jezzi's work for examples). The piece would also appear in your thread, along with a link to the specific page in your section.

Awesome suggestion, and it's not really all that difficult. Femur controls the content, of course, so contact her via PM and ask if she'd like to add you as a contributor and how it's done. With her authorization, an ftp program on your browser, and a few simple setup guidelines, you can administer your content quite easily. And if you need a bit of help, I'll be happy to assist, bearing in mind that my methodology may be slightly different than Jezzi's or Helen's (e.g., I hate IE, prefer Firefox, but the process is generally the same).
Looking forward to you joining us and increasing the vitality of this wonderful site.

xoxoxoxo
LS
katyk

#37 | Posted: 2 Nov 2014 01:57

Hi all!

It's been quite a spell since I've contributed to these pages. ...Things have been quite hectic and exhausting for quite a while, now. I'e been keeping an eye on the site - through its changes and all - whenever I get a chance(!) But lately I've gotten a chance to review some of my old finished 'Color Added' recaps and I hope you enjoy the selections I've chosen.

Luv, KatyK
Unsuspecting Warrior
Unsuspecting Warrior
Changes
Changes
Stubborn Wiotness
Stubborn Wiotness
katyk

#38 | Posted: 2 Nov 2014 01:03 | Edited by: katyk

Uh, oh! Attachment #I didn't seem to take for some reason, so here we go again...!

...Um, sorry, for some reason, it doesn't want to take....
katyk

#39 | Posted: 3 Nov 2014 01:44

Hi, all!

Sorry for the last panel - Stubborn Wiotness (sic) - besides my typing foo-foo, I apologize for not revewing what I already uploaded. ...Natch, it's a repeat!!

Luv, KatyK
katyk

#40 | Posted: 8 Nov 2014 01:19

Hi again,

Had a little time again tonite and I am adding two more from my Color Added selection. I hope you all enjoy them. (They're both featuring members of the Vice Squad on our fave kinda assignments.)
katyk

#41 | Posted: 8 Nov 2014 01:23

Hi y'all,

Had a little time tonight, so here's two more from my collection. ...Enjoy!
Undercover Dressing Room
Undercover Dressing Room
Windy City Cops
Windy City Cops
katyk

#42 | Posted: 19 Nov 2014 01:23

Hi again,

A little more time to spare, so I've dug into my files for another couple of my 'Color Added' recaps (Oh, how I've missed the time to create more!). Enjoy....
Don't Knock It
Don't Knock It
Expose Proved Wrong
Expose Proved Wrong
Hopes Regular Dancer Back Soon
Hopes Regular Dancer Back Soon
Jezzi Stewart

TGCapper 

#43 | Posted: 21 Nov 2014 14:39

Color's good on all. I like "Regular Dancer"
katyk

#44 | Posted: 22 Nov 2014 00:51

Thanks, Jezzi. While I've got a little breather before sack time(need my 'beauty' sleep), here's a couple more.

Luv, KatyK
Katy's Wait for Doctor
Katy's Wait for Doctor
Hey - YOU Delivered The Suit!
Hey - YOU Delivered The Suit!
I'm Your Maid's Substitute
I'm Your Maid's Substitute
katyk

#45 | Posted: 3 Dec 2014 01:02

Well, I managed to squeeze a little more time. ...To delve into my files for a couple more.
Hope you enjoy them!
It's for a Reason
It's for a Reason
Tempted To Try More
Tempted To Try More
Salesman's Surprise
Salesman's Surprise
Page  Page 3 of 4:  « Previous  1  2  3  4  Next » 
Modified Panels TGCaps Forums / Modified Panels / Color Added Top
Your reply Click this icon to move up to the quoted message

?
Only registered users are allowed to post here. Please, enter your username/password details upon posting a message, or register first.