TGCaps Forums | Polls | Search | Rules/Guide |
Modified Panels TGCaps Forums / Modified Panels /  

Clip art captioning

Page  Page 3 of 3:  « Previous  1  2  3  
SoCalSecrets
TGCapper 

#31 | Posted: 29 Jun 2007 22:49

For those who want to try some of their own clip art captioning, you might look at the coloring pages on the Archies Comics website. There are coloring pages for Bettie, Veronica, Josie, Sabrina, etc.
SoCalSecrets
TGCapper 

#32 | Posted: 2 Jul 2007 20:29 | Edited by: SoCalSecrets

I'm doing some cleanup of some of my clip art captionings. Here's "My Sister's Bet" with a background added, plus a logo ("Caught in the Act!"). I've also shrunk it to a more reasonable size (from 765x1921px to 300x753px), which also made the file size 40% smaller.

Does the background look okay, or was it better without the new, colored background?

What do people think of the new 'logo' "Caught in the Act!"? I'd like to add that to all of my clip art captionings?
My Sister's Bet - revised
My Sister's Bet - revised
suedenim

TGCapper and Moderator 

#33 | Posted: 3 Jul 2007 00:15

I prefer the original white background, actually. It's an elegant, clean look.

The smaller file size is a good thing, but it looks like the lettering didn't do too well in the reduction. In the future, it'd probably be better to reduce the "original" pic first, then add lettering.

"Caught in the Act!" is a great title, but don't let it limit you! (Maybe they don't *always* get "caught!")
SoCalSecrets
TGCapper 

#34 | Posted: 12 Jul 2007 19:36

I'm now thinking of alternating between "Caught in the Act!" and "Out on the Town!". Any comments or crittercisms?
suedenim

TGCapper and Moderator 

#35 | Posted: 13 Jul 2007 00:19

Those are great "umbrella" titles, I think! "Out on the Town!" is a good title for T-Girls taking things on their own terms, "Caught in the Act!" .. not so much.
SoCalSecrets
TGCapper 

#36 | Posted: 13 Jul 2007 05:56

I have a penchant for puns (and alliteration), so I sometimes worry when I come up with a title like "Out on the Town!" ;-)

It sounds like, for you, "Caught in the Act" might be okay for "The Wedding Dress", "The Designer Dress", "Do you feel a draft?", "At the country club dance...", and maybe "Going Undercover", but not for any of my other clip art captionings.
suedenim

TGCapper and Moderator 

#37 | Posted: 13 Jul 2007 06:09

It sounds like, for you, "Caught in the Act" might be okay for "The Wedding Dress", "The Designer Dress", "Do you feel a draft?", "At the country club dance...", and maybe "Going Undercover", but not for any of my other clip art captionings.

Or "His Dear Watson", "Untouchable but pretty", "My Sister's Bet", and probably some others. I guess my distinction would have "Caught in the Act" involve scenarios where the subject is "caught" or there's some obvious danger of embarrassment or worse from exposure. (And a lot of tricks, deals, bets, dares, "forced" situations would fit here too.)

But the girls in "Out on the Town" wouldn't care so much about exposure. They'd be more confident, dressing by choice rather than "necessity" and/or less troubled by exposure of the truth.
olddude

#38 | Posted: 13 Jul 2007 18:48

Good photos, need more magic/sci-fi captions
SoCalSecrets
TGCapper 

#39 | Posted: 13 Jul 2007 19:20

olddude:

As I've said in a couple of other threads, magic and sci-fi transformations are just not my cup of tea. You'll have to write your own if that's what you want for your clip art captions. ;-) It's not that hard to do, and certainly much easier to do than any of the comic book cover re-titles and re-captionings that I've done.

My personal interest is more towards exploring the entire range of 'real world' TG experiences, from the one-time Halloween venture for your average Joe Blow, to the deep stealth existence of some transsexuals.
Imelda Marcuse

#40 | Posted: 5 Sep 2007 20:00

So Cal,
Yes, I quite agree....There's an untapped world of transvestia, as it were, that never seems to make it past the familiar memes. Not that there's anything wrong with the old standards but sometimes it's nice to see the world we live in reflected as well.
paul

#41 | Posted: 8 Sep 2007 11:06

They are all very good images. And the lines are great.
I'm looking forward to the new postings. Thanks, Paul.
rphael

#42 | Posted: 2 Feb 2017 12:58

Great work I would like to see more
lorna

Queen of TGCaps 

#43 | Posted: 3 Feb 2017 02:25

SoCalSecrets:
My personal interest is more towards exploring the entire range of 'real world' TG experiences

Marvelous approach to captioning. Do you post your work elsewhere? Would you consider doing so here? We'd welcome your beautiful contributions to TGCap's collections.
Page  Page 3 of 3:  « Previous  1  2  3 
Modified Panels TGCaps Forums / Modified Panels / Clip art captioning Top
Your reply Click this icon to move up to the quoted message

?
Only registered users are allowed to post here. Please, enter your username/password details upon posting a message, or register first.