TGCaps Forums | Polls | Search | Rules/Guide |
Modified Covers TGCaps Forums / Modified Covers /  

TG Batman (& sometimes Superman)

Page  Page 2 of 3:  « Previous  1  2  3  Next »  
BobH
TGCapper 

#16 | Posted: 18 May 2008 05:40

Here's another one combining elements from several covers, including a European adult comic:
From Batman to Bathooker
From Batman to Bathooker
Eric

#17 | Posted: 18 May 2008 10:24

LOL! OUCH!
SoCalSecrets
TGCapper 

#18 | Posted: 18 May 2008 20:18

Great fun!

That's a nice composite image that you created. I love the look on Superman's face. Do you mind my asking which European comic you used?
BobH
TGCapper 

#19 | Posted: 19 May 2008 00:54

For now I'd prefer to keep that to myself since we're all reusing the same images over and over and so diminishing the element of surprise. Maybe when I've used the half dozen or so images from those covers I have ideas for. In the meantime, for those who might be curious as to what Superman was originally looking at, that image was taken from the cover of ACTION COMICS #400.
BobH
TGCapper 

#20 | Posted: 21 May 2008 13:37

They're more work than just recapping, but I'm finding these composite covers more creatively satisfying. Here's my latest:
A new start
A new start
spacewoman88

#21 | Posted: 21 May 2008 17:25

Good one! I love the general idea of a female secret identity for a male superhero, but I guess we all do.
SoCalSecrets
TGCapper 

#22 | Posted: 21 May 2008 21:24

Another very nice composite image, and I enjoyed your storyline [although I would have used pink kryptonite to explanation Superman's transformation ;-)].

I think that "A new start" is a good example of a cover that you probably should have done some of the work in The Gimp or a similar program. The female in the purple gown is just a little too crisp, wile the rest of the cover is just a little too faded.

AndiJF has already talked about how to perk up a faded comic book cover, and if you did a little of the reverse of that to the female in purple, you'd have much more evenly matched images for your composite.
suedenim

TGCapper and Moderator 

#23 | Posted: 22 May 2008 06:03

I don't think it's a problem for this cover, because there's a clear background/foreground difference that might be highlighted anyway - as a "break with the past," in this case.

Not unlike these covers, for instance, where it makes sense for the foreground part to be shown in a more striking manner:

First New Wonder Woman

2nd New Wonder Woman

But I want to read that story! What will Superman do in his new feminine life? Will Supergirl finally become Superwoman and take over Kal-El's duties?
BobH
TGCapper 

#24 | Posted: 22 May 2008 11:50

suedenim: Yeah, the cover's actually set up very much like a real Silver Age one with Superman depicted in a situation where he's apparently acting out of character. It's because you wanted to know *why* he was acting that way that made you buy them. In this one, that's Washington DC through the window and that gown and fur coat suggest his new identity lies in DC high society.

As it happens, I've figured out a story to go with the Bat-Hooker cover above and am currently writing it. Don't have a tale to go with this one yet, but you never know....
KenJ

#25 | Posted: 22 May 2008 19:32

Bob, I really like your cover for 'Bathooker', very glad to hear that your doing the story. Can't wait! As a suggestion, since it's a World's Finest cover, have Superman masquerade as Bruce Wayne to give Batman some cover in 'her' undercover identity. While 'Bruce Wayne' is seen out on the town with a high-class hooker, putting a spotlight on Batman for the sake of the supervillian, you can have fun having Batman and Superman unexpectedly finding each other sexually attractive.

I have a problem with 'New Start' thou, the elements of the cover just don't come together as a retirement story for me. Going off to Washington and its High Society for retirement? For that matter, I've never cared much for 'the end of Superman' stories as you can't take them seriously since Superman's further adventures are expected to continue on. Now, if this were an undercover mission into Washington's High Society that couldn't be managed by Superman and required a new identity then you would have a story where Superman has to master her new female identity as she also seeks to accomplish the mission and deal with any emotional aftermath. The last line in the word balloons, as they describe the mission could be ...this is a job for Superwoman, which would contrast nicely with the evening gown.

Well, just a couple of thoughts, really looking forward to the new story.
You do great covers!!
suedenim

TGCapper and Moderator 

#26 | Posted: 22 May 2008 23:18

Yeah, if I were writing it, I'd probably change the story a bit, and make it an involuntary sex change/retirement for Superman, or *not* have him retiring, but finding some new way to fight his "neverending battle" as a sexy girl.

But it's not my story, and I'd love to read BobH's too!

By the way, I'd love to see more entire recaptioned stories around here - that's become my favorite thing to work on myself, and I can share tips and tricks for that. (Unfortunately, it's tough to find good source material for a superhero story of the sort in this thread....)
BobH
TGCapper 

#27 | Posted: 23 May 2008 01:32

KenJ: I always have a story fully worked out before I start writing it. Yes, it does include Superman masquerading as Bruce Wayne at one point - an old Silver Age goodie - but it doesn't go in the direction you suggest.
BobH
TGCapper 

#28 | Posted: 24 May 2008 12:38

Here's another one:
The Crime Doctor victorious!
The Crime Doctor victorious!
Eric

#29 | Posted: 24 May 2008 22:19

LOL I love it - who gets superman's body = her?
spacewoman88

#30 | Posted: 25 May 2008 05:27

Nice caption! Now all the surgeon has to do is figure out how to pop his own brain into Superman's body.

Amanda
Page  Page 2 of 3:  « Previous  1  2  3  Next » 
Modified Covers TGCaps Forums / Modified Covers / TG Batman (& sometimes Superman) Top
Your reply Click this icon to move up to the quoted message

?
Only registered users are allowed to post here. Please, enter your username/password details upon posting a message, or register first.