TGCaps Forums | Polls | Search | Rules/Guide |
Modified Comics TGCaps Forums / Modified Comics /  

Jet Dream and Her T-Girl Counterspies!

Page  Page 2 of 2:  « Previous  1  2  
femur

Admin 

#16 | Posted: 22 Jan 2011 10:06

I remain a big fan and enjoy your work (and your wonderful witty wordplay)... it's a niche within a niche, for sure...

I'd say if you enjoy doing 'em, keep doing 'em. If you don't, then it's time to stop.

I hope you will continue. And I made a poll so folks can vote on the story they'd most like to see:

Chalkerfan

#17 | Posted: 22 Jan 2011 17:55

This is a very, VERY!!, left-field kinda-thread.
On a superficial level it looks fairly conventional.
But..
I don't know.
I'm no expert. If I see something I like I'll praise it, and sod the "intelligentsia".
I can't analyse it yet but suedenim is onto something here.
Push that envelope :-)
suedenim

TGCapper and Moderator 

#18 | Posted: 27 Jan 2011 13:30

Well, please let me know what you think, Chalkerfan - including the stuff that you *don't* like all that much!

Thanks for putting up the poll, femur. Not a lot of responses, but it seems people like the "Harmony's First Week" idea, so I'm starting to put material together for that. Looks like it might be fun. In some ways it might actually be simpler to deal with than a lot of my "raw material," since I can (hopefully) scan everything I need from the "Diana Prince, Wonder Woman" trades. Which, incidentally, also means dealing with really clean art on white paper.

That's one of the more annoying technical elements of using actual old comics - I have to match the old paper color and texture (or fudge in a way that it kinda looks like a match) when redoing the word balloons. One of my pet peeves is recaptioning where you have this pristine black-on-white caption coexisting with the obviously older original elements.
suedenim

TGCapper and Moderator 

#19 | Posted: 21 Dec 2012 19:28

OK, so it's been almost a year since that last post, and still no new Jet Dream stories... but I do have something maybe even better!

I discovered the very first appearance of Jet Dream, which appeared in various Titterton-Greenberg comics in the winter of 1967-68!

1968 House Ad

(In actuality, it's a commission done by the wonderfully talented Ian Samson, who has some stuff over on the TGComics.com side, and lots of other cool stuff on his deviantART page!)
Jezzi Stewart

TGCapper 

#20 | Posted: 22 Dec 2012 02:02

Changes? One gets contacts, one loses a mustache; Big Deal! :-)

I'd like to read/view the Harmony's First Week story.

Hugs, Jezzi
cooper

#21 | Posted: 22 Dec 2012 11:08

Dig it! Very cool and fun.
suedenim

TGCapper and Moderator 

#22 | Posted: 22 Dec 2012 12:37 | Edited by: suedenim

While I was at it, I also put this cover for Thunderbird Squadron #77 up on the main Jet Dream page:

Thunderbird Squadron #77

I put the cover itself up ages ago, but new text puts it in historical context, establishing the story as a "try-out" of the Jet Dream concept.
suedenim

TGCapper and Moderator 

#23 | Posted: 8 Jun 2013 07:01

Ooh, there's a special feature on "The Seven Deadly Sins of Dana, Cookie's Elle-Boy Rival", on Bully, the Little Stuffed Bull's blog!

(OK, so it's actually about Dana's real-life inspiration, Chili Storm, and not Dana Dickens, as known to readers of It's Cookie!, but I think the feature would apply equally well to him!)
Page  Page 2 of 2:  « Previous  1  2 
Modified Comics TGCaps Forums / Modified Comics / Jet Dream and Her T-Girl Counterspies! Top
Your reply Click this icon to move up to the quoted message

?
Only registered users are allowed to post here. Please, enter your username/password details upon posting a message, or register first.